Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

alignment

Old 05-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
toymachine will become famous soon enough
toymachine's Tacoma Gallery
alignment

i went to discount tire today to get my alignment done and he said he couldnt do it. i have the ome shocks with 885 set up with LR ucas and he said i need LOwer control arms now ? couldnt get the specs close enough or something. i dontknow what to do. or u think he doesnt know anything and i should try somewhere else? anybody know a good place?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
cyantucaz is on a distinguished road
cyantucaz's Tacoma Gallery
My set up is the same except for the shocks. The plan was to take it in today for the first time to get the alignment done as well, but never made it. I am having a company that works on my tractor/trailors. I will keep you posted as to what my guy says.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same thing happen they dont specialize in aftermarket suspension and they got mine as close as they could, some will even void it because you have you altered the suspension only if you have the lifetime allignment, but as for the lower control arms thats news to me makes me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
i went to discount tire today to get my alignment done and he said he couldnt do it. i have the ome shocks with 885 set up with LR ucas and he said i need LOwer control arms now ? couldnt get the specs close enough or something. i dontknow what to do. or u think he doesnt know anything and i should try somewhere else? anybody know a good place?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
the caster was a little off when I got mine aligned, but they were able to get everything else in spec. Thats with 3" spacer lift and with stock UCAs too. Yours should be better than mine with the aftermarket UCAs. I'm going to the OME setup with the 885's when I have the money to buy a set of N140's and can do it in one swoop.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
You'd probably have better luck takeing it to a shop that see's more aftermarket suspension.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the lruca and got mine done at NTB.luckily the dude that did mine had (until the divorce) a lifted taco and knew what to do.turned out great.ide say go some where else and u dont need lca either.good luck.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Your Lower control arms are fine. The guy at the shop is a doooosh.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
toymachine will become famous soon enough
toymachine's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha alrite. just gotta find another place. thanks for ur guys help