Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL + 1" lift block?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
AAL + 1" lift block?

My 05 already has a 1.5 AAL in the rear on the original non tsb 3 leaf rears that have began to sag pretty bad, my question is can I add a 1" block even though I already have the AAL? Anyone running this setup? My truck sits exactly 1" lower in the rear than the front unloaded. would a 1.5 block be too much?

The truck has OME 3" lift in the front and only the AAL in the rear.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure its doable, you just might need longer U-bolts.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
to save your truck from some nasty axel wrap and poor ride, I would look into getting a new multi-leaf pack
Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
to save your truck from some nasty axel wrap and poor ride, I would look into getting a new multi-leaf pack
Why would it affect the ride?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
for one blocks can contribute to axel wrap problems. I think of them as the equivalentof putting spacers in the front that make the ride harsh
Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs05tacoma View Post
Why would it affect the ride?
Axel wrap is on thing- It'll cause a clunk or thump from the rear end. The springs don't UN-sag on a block- if anything they can sag a bit worse.
So while the block will fix the height...It won't fix the problem with the sagging and it'll continue to get worse.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #8

not trying to argue, but don't the front spacers go on the top of the spring, not affecting ride quality?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #10

I know its not gonna fix the real problem I was just trying to make the truck a bit more level when towing. Does anyone know of a company making helper/overload springs or airbags for the back?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Some do...Some don't...But aren't we talking about the REAR of the truck??

Definately the rear, but their a earlier post saying that lift blocks will give you poor ride quality, just like spacers will for the front. Should have just used a quote on that post.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #12
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs05tacoma View Post
I know its not gonna fix the real problem I was just trying to make the truck a bit more level when towing. Does anyone know of a company making helper/overload springs or airbags for the back?
You can get complete replacement sets of springs...OME makes some, there are others. IDK jack about airbags- but I know there are some folks around who have used them.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I have a block in the rear and have experienced none of the above mentioned problems. Not saying it doesn't happen, just one of those things that vary from vehicle to vehicle. This is very similar to what my father has on his 1 ton
http://www.airliftcompany.com/load_support_index.html

Do you have a block + aal or just the block?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #16

how many miles on that setup?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2" AAL+1" block.... I know im a 1st. gen. But i havent had any issues or much sagging. have had it for about 10 months now.
Like said before, its a hit and miss with the axle wrap thing. I like it, but when my springs start to sag, Im ganna do a new leaf pack lift.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
What about this Toytec 2" AAL?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

nvm, not enuff. Who makes a 3" AAL? Would a 2" tundra AAL give 3" on the Tacoma maybe?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
What about this Toytec 2" AAL?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

nvm, not enuff. Who makes a 3" AAL? Would a 2" tundra AAL give 3" on the Tacoma maybe?
a 3"aal would be perfect.