Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Has Anyone heard of an ICON suspension kit?

Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
perogie2328 is on a distinguished road
perogie2328's Tacoma Gallery
Question Has Anyone heard of an ICON suspension kit?

Has anyone heard of or installed an Icon "Vehilcle Dynamics" 05-Up Tacoma Suspension System - Stage 4?

I need to know if this brand is anygood?

Its a suspension Kit that is quoted on the site for $3217 and i was wondering if anyone has heard of it or has installed that kit. The kit looks like a really good quality and i was just interested in anyone elses thoughts!

The internet site states

"This suspension system will give your 05-Up Tacoma the best ride quality and performance compared to any other suspension system on the market today. The front and rear reservoir shocks dissipate heat for long lasting performance. The Billet Upper Control Arms increase articulation and allow for the extended travel shocks to give you the additional wheel travel. The Rear Add a Leaf System will increase your on road ride quality by taking the place of the thick factory over load spring. This system is complete bolt and require very little effort to install. Recommended tire size 285/75R16, wheel 16X8 with 5" back spacing."

The kit includes (Stage 4 System Contents)
  • 5-8550 - Billet Upper Control Kit
  • 5-8735 - Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coil-over Shock Kit
  • 5-1100 - 1.5" Lift Rear Add a Leaf Kit
  • 5-7505 x 2 - ICON Series Rear Reservoir Shocks
Here is the website, they have a kit for Tacomas.
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org
Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Anything ICON is awesome stuff. High quality, High everything.

The only downside ive heard is that you have to rebuild the shocks every 5k miles. or less if you do alot of offroading
Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Icon Vehicle Dynamics is the former Donahoe Racing. From what I've heard very good products.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
i think im sold my friend put this kit on his super duty, but not the resovior shocks. do any tacoma owners you know have this kit installed?
Old 05-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
does the uper controll arm part of the kit really do anything? like the stage 2 kit i can get everything without the uper control arm kit and its cheaper.

The Kit with the uper control arms is that more just for deep hard core off roading?
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by perogie2328 View Post
does the uper controll arm part of the kit really do anything? like the stage 2 kit i can get everything without the uper control arm kit and its cheaper.

The Kit with the uper control arms is that more just for deep hard core off roading?
It helps with the ride of the truck. And give back your lost downward travel from lifting it.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think im sold my friend put this kit on his super duty, but not the resovior shocks. do any tacoma owners you know have this kit installed?
Look at SnoBoarders Build He has some Icons on his truck
Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You can get a lot cheaper UCAs then the Icons and still get the same benefit. Everything they sell though is awesome!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Anything ICON is awesome stuff. High quality, High everything.

The only downside ive heard is that you have to rebuild the shocks every 5k miles. or less if you do alot of offroading
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Icon Vehicle Dynamics is the former Donahoe Racing. From what I've heard very good products.
Icon was made by Leepers, and some of the rear shocks were made by...gulp...Edelbrock...Not "High end" in any way except price.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Icon was made by Leepers, and some of the rear shocks were made by...gulp...Edelbrock...Not "High end" in any way except price.
What Chris is saying is just stick to the front Icon shocks and the AAL
Old 05-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
back when they were Donahoes, i ran them front and rear for 3 years with no issues...

jumped the truck every chance i got too...