Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What leaf bushings?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
i hear you, mine are so loud and i have the good bushing's that deaver gives you. hopefully some body knows.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
I took the whole damn leaf pack apart and lubed the shit out of it. I got ripped off on the TSB. I didn't know about this forum until my time had expired. I took it in several times for this but the dealer didn't give me the heads up, so I waited to long to get it done. I don't know what else to do, other than replacing the whole leaf pack, which would suck since it works well, just noisy. Plus, $$$$.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
I took the whole damn leaf pack apart and lubed the shit out of it. I got ripped off on the TSB. I didn't know about this forum until my time had expired. I took it in several times for this but the dealer didn't give me the heads up, so I waited to long to get it done. I don't know what else to do, other than replacing the whole leaf pack, which would suck since it works well, just noisy. Plus, $$$$.
have you tried spraying the leafs with wd-40 or silicon lube, or have you tried power washing the leafs, i have to do the washing to them after off roading every time, i bet mine are louder than yours, mine creek when you open the tailgate.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I have sprayed it with a power washer, I even drove up a deep creek trying to flush it out. It works for a day or two and then starts up again. I took the entire leaf pack apart and used white lithium grease on it (as advised on here). It helped a little but I still get noise from around the bushings on both sides. Just getting in and out of the truck it does it.
Really pisses me off too.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
i hear ya, same shit here. don't know what to do but turn up the radio.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
look into some energy suspension polyurethane bushings. mine are nice and quiet.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
There is one spot that always squeaks (after driving in deep water or mud). I finally pin pointed it one day and once I sprayed some silicone lube on it I was in heaven.

Between the top leaf and the second one down there is a pad (the pad in front of the axle not behind). This is exact origin of my squeaks. I wedged a large screw driver between the 2 leafs (enough to seperate the top leaf an 1/8 inch above this pad) and I sprayed the lube on the pad. It has been quiet ever since.

In other words, I think after replacing the bushings you will still have the sweak (if you dont lube the pads between the leafs).