Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Question: Toytec OME lift

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough
 
archerytarget's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2007, #3982
Location: College Station, TX
Gender: Dude
Posts: 265
archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Question: Toytec OME lift

first of all what does OME stand for?
Ive been trying for a while to find a lift and all the specific parts i would need. my suspension is getting old and so i need to replace it while putting a lift on my truck. Can you guys tell me about Toytec's 'OME tacoma suspension' lift and if its right for me? theres also a few options about valving on the shocks - what is that? any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Member
sibanez is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9506
Location: Camp Hill, PA & New Orleans, LA
Posts: 55
sibanez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sibanez
Old Man Emu is a great suspension set up and will provide you with the most bang for the buck versus other lifts. You can get a complete package from trdparts4u.com for about $1,000 shipped (most likely cheaper since you are in Texas) and that will include everything you need to lift your truck. I ran the OME setup on my 2002 Tacoma and 2003 4Runner and felt they were both amazing suspension packages. I wheeled the hell out of my 4Runner and never had any issues. Sure, you can't do the high-speed stuff, but you are in College Station, so there it's not really a worry either. I think the OME stuff is what Toyota should have put on the TRD trucks to begin with. Your load carrying capability will increase, the truck will handle better and you'll have plenty of money leftover for other upgrades versus coilovers and Alcans/Deavers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
chris4x4's Avatar
Name: FlimFlubberJAM
Joined: May 2008, #6497
Location: Tenoe, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,834
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What He said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough
 
archerytarget's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2007, #3982
Location: College Station, TX
Gender: Dude
Posts: 265
archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibanez View Post
Old Man Emu is a great suspension set up and will provide you with the most bang for the buck versus other lifts. You can get a complete package from trdparts4u.com for about $1,000 shipped (most likely cheaper since you are in Texas) and that will include everything you need to lift your truck. I ran the OME setup on my 2002 Tacoma and 2003 4Runner and felt they were both amazing suspension packages. I wheeled the hell out of my 4Runner and never had any issues. Sure, you can't do the high-speed stuff, but you are in College Station, so there it's not really a worry either. I think the OME stuff is what Toyota should have put on the TRD trucks to begin with. Your load carrying capability will increase, the truck will handle better and you'll have plenty of money leftover for other upgrades versus coilovers and Alcans/Deavers.
that sounds great. ive been looking for a package like this that will lift my truck as well as increase the carrying capacity..if i make something like that all-pro tube bumper should i get some heavier springs up front?
What do you mean by the high speed stuff and cuz im in college station i dont have to worry about it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
Member
sibanez is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9506
Location: Camp Hill, PA & New Orleans, LA
Posts: 55
sibanez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sibanez
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
that sounds great. ive been looking for a package like this that will lift my truck as well as increase the carrying capacity..if i make something like that all-pro tube bumper should i get some heavier springs up front?
What do you mean by the high speed stuff and cuz im in college station i dont have to worry about it?
High-speed stuff usually involves lots of desert. Growing up in Texas, there is desert, but not the kind of stuff you go desert running on. Desert running is hard on your entire truck and will test any suspension. Really, long-travel setups are the best for that type of environment (mid-travel works too).

I believe the 882 springs are the heavy duty ones for 95-2004 Tacomas. If you email Jacque at TRDparts4u.com he should be able to help you out. His email address is info@trdparts4u.com.

The rear OME springs are called Dakars and are great for helping you carry a load.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough
 
archerytarget's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2007, #3982
Location: College Station, TX
Gender: Dude
Posts: 265
archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibanez View Post
High-speed stuff usually involves lots of desert. Growing up in Texas, there is desert, but not the kind of stuff you go desert running on. Desert running is hard on your entire truck and will test any suspension. Really, long-travel setups are the best for that type of environment (mid-travel works too).

I believe the 882 springs are the heavy duty ones for 95-2004 Tacomas. If you email Jacque at TRDparts4u.com he should be able to help you out. His email address is info@trdparts4u.com.

The rear OME springs are called Dakars and are great for helping you carry a load.
so should i get the heavy or medium front springs for the front if i get that kind of bumper?
What kind of load can the Dakars take compared to stock? (lbs.?)
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toytec OME lift kit on local taco anrima Northern California 8 10-04-2011 08:08 AM
Help, bad vibration after 3" ToyTec OME lift Ga2000TacoOwner Suspension 27 05-15-2011 09:56 AM
Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit vs OME jjw1 Suspension 2 08-07-2010 11:44 PM
Toytec or OME 3" lift krisjw101 Suspension 5 10-23-2009 03:35 AM
OME Lift or Toytec Ultimate Lift testedone Suspension 7 10-19-2009 10:22 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.