LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Kit Advice Needed

Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kit Advice Needed

I'm looking to have a 2.5" - 3" lift in the front and either wheelers or toy tec aal. I would figure the toytec ultimate lift would be ideal but I don't really have the cash for it. What are my other options? I can't be without the truck seeing its my daily vehicle. So I would need to know all parts or kits needed. I have never bothered the suspension with my other vehicles in the past so this is completely new to me. I want to avoid any common issues from the start, without going back and fixing it at a later date. Suggestions for available kits based on 'bang for the buck' would be helpful.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
That would work with the stock springs? Would that improve the ride at all or just keep it stiff? that seems like a very inexpensive way to give it a lift.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
X2 to badguy.....

That's the exact setup quote I just got from Downsouth. Not sure if I'll add the spacer. And yes it will work on stock springs.

I'll be adding 33"s to go along with it.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #6

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
My main goal is just to have an edge, not just a stock truck. 2.5 with a 1.5 aal would be fine by me. Largest tires I would use is 265/75/16.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #7

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Other than getting it aligned, I really shouldn't have any other surprises right?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Other than getting it aligned, I really shouldn't have any other surprises right?
Nope.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
A spacer like the truxxx lift or equivalent where the spacer is on the outside of the coilover, rides better than the 5100's IMO, because the springs aren't preloaded, i've had both. Never had an aal, but I did get the dakar leafs, I would highly recommend them.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #10

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
What would change that would make me need new UCAs or do I not need them?
Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
What would change that would make me need new UCAs or do I not need them?
Lifting that high, you will loose caster. Your truck will wander. Aftermarket UCA's with aditional Caster built into them ( Total Chaos), correct for this and allow the vehicle to be aligned to spec.

Products Discussed in this Thread