Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA Alignment Question

Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
UCA Alignment Question

Johnny at Wheeler's is shipping my TC UCAs tomorrow and I have a question regarding alignment. Some of you might have seen my 09 posted in some other threads but for those of you who haven't, I have a Toytec Ultimate kit and it is adjusted to be just over 3" higher than stock, here is a picture:

Needless to say, I have wandering issues and thanks to this forum and it's most knowledgeable contributors, I know I need more caster angle. I had my alignment done the day after I installed my lift kit and according to the guy who did my alignment, it was pretty darn close to factory numbers.

Obviously the caster was maxed out to attempt to achieve something close but on the freeway, it wants to follow the road. Here is my question....

Since my camber and toe was set, is the Total Chaos geometry of the UCA going to throw off anything? I cannot see it changing the toe but possibly the camber if the UCA is a bit longer or shorter than the stock UCA. I know I'll get more caster out of the box but do I need to run and get it aligned again or can I wait?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
i would get it aligned again or if u notice a difference in handling, if you can buy what i got, i bought a 3 year unlimited alignment i take it in every 5000 miles cause i do a lot of off roading
Old 06-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Align it ASAP. Got the same set up as you and got the LR UCA's with mine. I watched the guy align mine back up and it is in EXACT factory specs. They loved those UCA's.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yep...After you install the new UCA's, get it re aligned.