Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Going to buy a lift what do you recommend?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Going to buy a lift what do you recommend?

Now that I'm paying my student loans like i should've done from the the beginning, I got my income tax, so now i might actually have money to buy me a lift kit! (Income Tax was going to students loans for the last 4 yrs!!!!) so i got about 1 grand i'm willing to spend, I was looking at the toytec OME with 885 and spacer. But i was reading around maybe going with downsouth motorsports and getting a pricebreak for being a TW member? (bilstein all around, 1/2 spacer up front, AAL in the rear?) I want to go with a total of 3" what do the all knowing members recommend (along with links if possible) and what else would be recommened i.e. UCA's, 2.5 or 3 deg shims

and another question, whats the biggest tire i can put on with a 3" lift? I do a little offroading in the sand and mud not too often, just to get my fix. 285s?? will i have to do a lot of trimming? any and all help is appreciated, thanks guys!!!

now to go deposit that check.....
Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok more or less have an idea of what i wanna get. Bilsteins all around, and rear AAL. The only thing is, is my truck broken???? i looked at the leafs today and it looks like one is missing, and the bed looks like its sagging from the back thus making it look like the bottom of the rear fender is pointed up. What gives???? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

From the back of the truck

Front of it

Side pic. Look how the bed looks like its pointing up

What do you guys think?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
It comes stock with a 3 leaf pack, there is a TSB for the rear suspension but i don't know much more than that, search for "tsb story" and that should help you find more information.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #4

Yea after further reading i found out its stock with 3 leafsprings. anyone know if its possible at all to get the 4th by itsself?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
if you had the warranty and under the mileage you could get the TSB done and that would replace your factory leafs with a new 4 leaf pack. Or you can just AAL, that would give you the 4th one..
And every truck I have ever seen sits higher in the back than the front. well stock trucks. Thats to accommodate for weight in the bed.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #7

Thanks guys! I appreciate the Help, yea, definatly wanna aal. I want the extra leaf just in case i ever decide to put a small ford in the back of the bed and carry it out of the mud