Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking for a slight lift that is level or slight forward rake, what about this setup

Old 06-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
livintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
livintall's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a slight lift that is level or slight forward rake, what about this setup

I got a 2006 Access Cab TRD OR 4x2 NO TSB on the rear. Im looking for a slight lift but want to either be level or a slight forward rake. Im thinking OME 885 with the OME N140S shocks on the front and Toytec AAL with 5100 in the rear. What would this give me and does anybody have this particular setup. Pics of this setup would be awesome
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
i think if price is an issue the 5100's in the front set at 2.5'' and the tsb in the rear...it will sit just as you want!...or just the front 5100's (there are a lot of posts on this)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
livintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Price is not that big of an issue but I also want a decent ride quality as well. 5100's at 2.5 will be a little too rough I think due to preload plus I would lose some wheel travel with that setup. And TSB is out of the question......out of warranty. I'll have to do AAL's
Old 06-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Since you have an access cab, the 884 coils are what you want; unless you are going to be putting a heavy bumper and winch on the front.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
Ok let me rephrase this. Im not a newbie to the world of modding vehicles. Ive built several vehicles from cars to trucks and am only lookin for some input on THIS setup only, not "if price is an issue" or you need 884's (OME lists the 885's for regular and the 886's for heavy front bumpers and such) I know what I want and need. Dont get me wrong. I appreciate the input but give me something relevant and not just something to increase your number of posts.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacomaworld.
You'll be very happy with that set up.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
canuck_tacoma will become famous soon enough
canuck_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I used Eibach Springs which gave me a 1.5inch lift that gives me a slight rake and sits level with a canopy on the back. I have the rear TSB.

Link to my Thread on the Eibach's.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Welcome to Tacomaworld.
You'll be very happy with that set up.
Another Scottsdale owner! Thank you, I think I'll enjoy that setup also. Then again, Im almost thinking I might do Eibach springs up front, Toytec AAL in the rear, and 5100's at all four corners. So many decisions. If anybody has pictures of either of these set ups I would appreciate it. Its nice to visualize it first.