Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

best rear setup

Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
best rear setup

i have a 2006 double cab short bed tacoma. i have NOT had the tsb done to the leafs. i plan on getting some coilovers for the front, my question is the rear lift setup. i'm hung between just an aal or the ome dakar leaf pack. i know the dakars will sit much higher, but if its too high i can take out one of the leafs. i'm hesitant about the aal because of sagging. but i dont want to buy the dakars if i dont NEED them. i may haul a pop up camper, thats it. no offroading. figured i'd see what the opinion is on here, i did some searching but didn't really find a definite answer.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
well I would venture to say that replacement leaf packs are better than an aal because they are designed to provide lift, load capacity (or decrease with more flex). An aal forces your spring pack to a higher arch, hence providing more lift. With no offroading and just a pop up camper I say your best bang for buck would be an aal. But in the end you gotta get what makes ya happy, good luck bud! (and post pics when you get it lifted!)
Old 06-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
yep, and all that said... I am getting an aal as well for when I put my lift together
Old 06-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
ghostboy808 is on a distinguished road
ghostboy808's Tacoma Gallery
correct me if I am wrong but adding an aal will increase load cap by 4-500lbs is what I was told. I think dakars will be rated same as stock so i don't think you will gain any load capacity.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i was ok with doing the aal but i'm a little hesitant with fear of it sagging. i have blocks in my rear now, and i do not want to have to put a small block in the rear because the aal's sagged. believe me if i only need the aal ill get it because it will save me lots of money which i can put toward my many other projects...muahahaha
Old 06-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #7

might i add this is a long term install. technically dakars are the best, but which is besst for me is what i have to consider. i just dont want to get the aal and it sag to a point lower than the blocks i have now, or they make the ride just as harsh as the blocks or they break and what not. but i dont want to get the dakars and never really earn the money i paid for them ya know. bleh i hate decisions