Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

the perfect lift

Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
the perfect lift

(4) bilstein 5100's. fronts on top notch (2.5") w/ rear leaf TSB. it firmed my truck up nicely and it stands 39.5" at each fender. i measured from ground up past the center of wheel to bottom of overfender. new leafs gave approx. 1 1/4" lift. anyone pondering a lift IMO this set up is the way to go. i didnt even need an alignment. even with my mud terrains the ride is better than stock and it feels more stout
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics. I want a lift but im not sure that I want to go 3".
Old 01-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
ericbjjblue is on a distinguished road
ericbjjblue's Tacoma Gallery
Are the rear shocks adjustable or just the front? Where did you order your stuff from and how much did it set you back. Sounds like this would clear 285/ 75 R16's on factory TRD Off-Road wheels? Thanks,
Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Dixon22 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Dixon22's Tacoma Gallery
So can you tell us?

?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good! Hows things going... any vibes from this setup?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
bump for the questions? thanks! some of us newbies would love to know
Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
the set up is still as good as ever. no vibes, no complaints. and no, the rear shocks are not adjustable. i got the shocks from wheelers (all 4) for about $320 or so. the rear leaf tsb was free of course. with wheels and shocks installed. $1700.
so around 2 grand total. WTF ! did i say that??
Old 01-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbjjblue View Post
Are the rear shocks adjustable or just the front? Where did you order your stuff from and how much did it set you back. Sounds like this would clear 285/ 75 R16's on factory TRD Off-Road wheels? Thanks,
i dont think you can put those size tires on stock rims without spacers
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #9
mrbjr is on a distinguished road
mrbjr's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone wanting a nice deal with great service can get a set of 4 5100's from Sonny at www.downsouthmotorsports.com for $258.00 with free shipping. Bought mine yesterday morning and they just arrived by UPS a few minutes ago. Course I just live a couple hundred miles north of Sonny, still pretty awesome service and price.