Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pep Boys suck Ass

Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
GreatWhiteHype is on a distinguished road
GreatWhiteHype's Tacoma Gallery
Pep Boys suck Ass

So I finally found someone with a spring compressor to swap my 5100's (I was skeched out by all the injuries you guys detailed with the diy compressors). Pep Boys swapped both out for $42. I get home, and eagerly install the drivers side strut and it goes on great. Then I get to the passenger side and find that the bottom shock is off just slightly. So me being the brainiac that I am force the shock into the lca only to find that it still won't line up and now is suck. My question is there any way to spin the shock without removing it?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
BFH and choice words
Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
what he said....

"If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyways"
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
what he said....

"If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyways"
Brilliant!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Stick a 6" long (or longer) 3/8" socket extension in the lower shock mount "eye", and turn the shock until it lines up. It will be fine.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my gawd, like I haven't seen that happen a gazillion times.

You should be impressed they even got it lined up that CLOSE.

I don't know how the 2nd gens are - but everytime I helped people with front lift installs on the 1st gens, I'd have to take a diagram to show them how to line everything up. More often than not, they STILL couldn't get it right even after I showed them the diagram!! 'Look dude, it still isn't right - FIX IT!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Brilliant!
This is like my install thread over again.....

BRUTE FORCE AND IGNORANCE!!! Cuss a lot to.. Makes stuff work better
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
sibanez is on a distinguished road
sibanez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sibanez
Easy fix. Get a 1/4" extension (6 inches or so) or a heavy duty screw driver and run it through the hole for the bolt and into the hole in the bushing. Then pry . . . you may also want to have somebody push down on the upper control arm.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
BFH is the way to go. That screw driver idea would work too.