Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Anyone Tried These Dakar???

Old 06-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
sibanez is on a distinguished road
sibanez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sibanez
I ran Dakars on my 2002 Tacoma and loved them. They give a lot of lift and are great for carrying loads. They provide more flex than stock and held up well to lots of abuse. I'd highly recommend them if you are looking for a solid set of springs that will last you a lifetime. One note, if they are too stiff for you, ARB suggests removing the 3rd leaf and it definitely improves their road manners, but you lose about 1" of lift (overall you get about 2.5-2.75).
Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
So how does the ride compare to a stock leaf pack with 2'' AAL?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhh! Once again my lift plans may change! This gets more expensive everyday I research it! I'm very interested in these though, if they ride smother on the road, and give more lift, seems like they'd be worth the money.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
They ride great, stiffer then stock but I like it better. Load carrying is greatly increased, they are double overload springs! If you get the matching shocks they ride like butter and will flex more then stock too.