Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FOX 2.0 vs 2.5 Coilover

View Poll Results: If you had a choice and money wasn't a factor, would you choose...
Fox 2.0 adjustable coilovers 54 22.41%
Fox 2.5 coilovers 187 77.59%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #21
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the trigger, I'm now $2300 poorer. I'm going to install these myself since I have all the tools, but what else do I need since my truck does not have the TSB done on it? I'm thinking i'm going to try and have my dealer perform the TSB since my VIN falls under it, but if they do not do it, what am I going to need versus if I did have the TSB?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:48 AM   #22
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
go get the tsb done and then get aal for the tsb.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #23
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Yeah thats what i'm going to try and do, but since mine is an 09 i'm not sure if my dealership will do it, if they do not do it, then what do i need to get?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #24
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna go with the icon 3 leaf pack later on, the ride is pretty good with those.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #25
I have been doing some research while I am waiting for my shocks to arrive and I came across this thread where a guys said
Quote:
During this pole I have also been looking at the Fox 2.5 RR for our trucks. Well I just got an email from their sales rep. In order to run a new UCA, after paying $1400.00 I would still have to buy a 3/4 extender to run the Total chaos UCAs, and the TCs are the "only" ones I can run.
Is there any truth to this? Also I just got an email from ORW saying
Quote:
fox has changed their anodized end from blue to black so the shocks are now silver and black
I was really liking the blue anodized shocks that they had in the picture at ORW, but my truck is white and I was going to murder it out all white and black anyways, so this might work out alright. Anyone have pictures of these new sliver and black fox's?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #26
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I never heard you can just run tc with that combo, check out mjp2 his longtravel kit he has the new fox color on his build section.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
Thanks the the tip socalman, I checked out mjp2's thread and saw the new fox's. They look pretty good, I think they would look better if the springs were black as well, but then I guess they would look too much like the icons. I talked to jason over at ORW and he said he spoke to his rep at TC and they said that isnt true. He wasnt sure about the spacer w/ uca thing but he said that the old blue shocks were not the extended length coilovers and that would be the only reason that he would think fox said we needed the spacer. But these new black ones are extended lenth and he said their shop has never put spacers on any trucks with the fox 2.5 coilovers. But anways they are shipping them out today and i should have them tomorrow!! Now I just got to decide on a rim/tire combo and figure out what i need to do for my rear end if i'm not able to get the tsb done, i dont want to spend 600 for a leaf pack just this minute, I just want a cheap fix until i can afford the 600.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #28
Seagrave will become famous soon enough

Seagrave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
Thanks the the tip socalman, I checked out mjp2's thread and saw the new fox's. They look pretty good, I think they would look better if the springs were black as well, but then I guess they would look too much like the icons. I talked to jason over at ORW and he said he spoke to his rep at TC and they said that isnt true. He wasnt sure about the spacer w/ uca thing but he said that the old blue shocks were not the extended length coilovers and that would be the only reason that he would think fox said we needed the spacer. But these new black ones are extended lenth and he said their shop has never put spacers on any trucks with the fox 2.5 coilovers. But anways they are shipping them out today and i should have them tomorrow!! Now I just got to decide on a rim/tire combo and figure out what i need to do for my rear end if i'm not able to get the tsb done, i dont want to spend 600 for a leaf pack just this minute, I just want a cheap fix until i can afford the 600.

My truck is a 09 and i had no trouble getting the TSB done. The shop foreman came down personally to look at my truck and he said OK to the service guy to order the parts and that was that
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
My truck is a 09 and i had no trouble getting the TSB done. The shop foreman came down personally to look at my truck and he said OK to the service guy to order the parts and that was that
Where at? Wouldnt happen to be in socal, more specifically the inland empire area?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Where at? Wouldnt happen to be in socal, more specifically the inland empire area?
I got mine done in Carlsbad CA (Toyota of Carlsbad). Just be stern with them and they'll do it for you...
Old 06-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #31
Well i got my C/O's, rear shocks, and TC UCA's today, and i'm pretty happy with everything, I cant wait to put everything in. But I need to decided on some rims and tires, and try to get the dealer to do the TSB. Gonna try calling them tomorrow and see what I can get done over the phone.

So what exactly does it mean when the guy at ORW said that these were the new extended length coilovers? When I asked about ride quality between toytec c/o's and the fox 2.0's with both set at 3" someone said that they would ride about the same: stiff. Is that the same case with these new black 2.5 fox C/O's?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #32
Golden Member
Toy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura about
Toy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I had a discussion with sonny at Downsouth Motorsorts about the Fox and the King C/O's they sell. I was ONLY interested in better ride quality, maybe a little lift to boot. He said that the Fox C/O's were designed to give maximum lift (and no doubt better than stock ride) but that the King's were designed from the start for the best possible on and off road ride quality, while providing up to 2.5" lift. He recommended i go with King...
Old 06-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #33
well as long as its better ride then stock and a 3" lift then i'll be happy with the fox's. I noticed that they didnt come with a spanner wrench, does anyone know what height they are set to from ORW?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #34

Quote:
well as long as its better ride then stock and a 3" lift then i'll be happy with the fox's. I noticed that they didnt come with a spanner wrench, does anyone know what height they are set to from ORW?
When you have a chance, can you take a picture of your suspension set-up prior to installation... I wanna check it out....
Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
When you have a chance, can you take a picture of your suspension set-up prior to installation... I wanna check it out....
Sure, what specifically are you looking for? And your talking about the fox suspension that i just got right?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Sure, what specifically are you looking for? And your talking about the fox suspension that i just got right?
just a generalized photo of your suspension laying on the ground, i wanna check the new black color and what rear suspension shock you got.... congrats on the purchase
thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #38
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Heres some crappy camera phone pictures

Attachment 29298
Attachment 29299
where did u order them from..and how much?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #39
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Wanna trade??? I like the color
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #40
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
where did u order them from..and how much?
Post #14 has the link