Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FOX 2.0 vs 2.5 Coilover

View Poll Results: If you had a choice and money wasn't a factor, would you choose...
Fox 2.0 adjustable coilovers 55 22.54%
Fox 2.5 coilovers 189 77.46%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #41
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Question...

ORW still shows the Fox coilovers in blue? Would they still come in the new color?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #42
Seagrave will become famous soon enough

Seagrave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
Heres some crappy camera phone pictures

Attachment 29298
Attachment 29299
Thanks for taking the pictures, I love the new black!!!! Are the rear shocks adjustable? And also, it looks like the reservoir for the rear is going to be at the bottom ehhhh?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #43
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 is what I would go with.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #44
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
Question...

ORW still shows the Fox coilovers in blue? Would they still come in the new color?
I would think if they have back stock they would push those out, but given that they came out with the new color thats what you
will be getting. I would call and see
Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #45
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
The new color looks soooo badass!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:42 AM   #46
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I would think if they have back stock they would push those out, but given that they came out with the new color thats what you
will be getting. I would call and see
I already talked with ORW and they do not have the old blue shocks anymore, they only have the new black ones
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #48
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Those Coilovers and Rear shocks are BadAss!! What was the total cost for everything?
2365.31 with free next day shipping
Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
And also, it looks like the reservoir for the rear is going to be at the bottom ehhhh?
Yeah I wasnt too sure about that, I called ORW and asked if they sent me the wrong rear shocks, I told them the number that was on the bottom part of the black piece and they say that they are the correct ones, and that the ones that they have pictured on their website is actually for the FJ cruiser, is this correct? Why would it be mounted upside down so that the resevoir is hidden by the tire?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #51
Golden Member
Toy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura about
Toy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
that is very strange... the stock shocks are actually mounted that way with the rod pointing up, but there is really no reason for them not to be.. The Fox setup however... you would definitely think they would put the cylinder and resi on the top. I am thinking that maybe there is not enough room on the top mount for a piggyback. King and Icon use a remote resi with everything on top. It won't work any different but it is still strange.... double check those are not for the FJ since everything in the front is exactly the same.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #52
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously the Fox's don't come in blue anodozed anymore

That was one of the things I liked about them.

Back to the drawing board again. Well are the King remote reservors still blue??
Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #54
No I havent go them on yet, Wont be for a while because work is really keeping my hands full, i have been doing graveyards and just got home from work and i need to go to sleep before i have to go back tonight. I actually have a weekend off coming up in two weeks so i'm going to try to do it then. I actually want to try to get the dealership to perform the tsb on my truck before i put the stuff on so i can get the new leaf pack. Also about the rear shocks, they are the right ones, and they are supposed to be mounted upside because there is not enough room for the res up top. The only ones that are able to be mounted up top are the rear fox shocks that are exclusive to all pro that have the adjuster nob thing on them. I found this out after a little bit of research and talking to Jason at ORW (he has been REALLY helpful throughout all this) he made absolute certain that I have the correct shocks for the tacoma but said that the FJ shocks would fit mounted with the res up but they are about 2 or 4 inchs longer then the tacoma ones (cant remember exactly). Anyways off to bed.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #55
Golden Member
Toy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Well are the King remote reservors still blue??
yes they are and you can't go wrong with them... I love my kings
Old 06-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #56
Quote:
Seriously the Fox's don't come in blue anodozed anymore

That was one of the things I liked about them.
Yeah at first I was kinda dissappointed when ORW informed me that the fox's are no longer blue see as blue is my favorite color. But I figured that the black would go better with my super white truck when I murder it all out so I went for it and I'm happy with them, they actually look pretty good and kinda look like the icons.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #57
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah at first I was kinda dissappointed when ORW informed me that the fox's are no longer blue see as blue is my favorite color. But I figured that the black would go better with my super white truck when I murder it all out so I went for it and I'm happy with them, they actually look pretty good and kinda look like the icons.
Even black, your Fox's still look bad ass and I'm sure you're gonna love them. I found one site that said the Fox's are still available in blue but by special order.

I finally made up my mind on what I'm going to do. I'm going with the King RR coilovers and the King RR rear shocks and throwing the Revtek in the garbage. Well actually I will see if I can get a few bucks for the Revtek LOL. I will keep the other SAWS 1" block set, just in case I want to go a little taller later on but I'm thinking I will leave the rear height stock forever, so I can offroad and not have to worry about axle wrap, the block cracking, the U-bolts snapping or something. I'm only ever going to run 32's, so I don't need a ton of lift.

Going to leave the rear at stock height and set the coilovers to totally level the front with the rear, which should not be more than 2" of front lift, so I should be able to get away with using the stock arms and get the alignment better possibly in spec (camber wise) than it is now at 3". If the camber is still off a tiny bit, I can back the front down 1/2" more and give the truck 1/2" rake which I can live with, which would only be 1.5" front lift.

I figue I will just run the front and rear with a little less lift all around than I get with the Revtek now, therefore avoiding having to spend the $900 for TC adj. heim arms or the other arms for $650 and in turn spending less than that amount and getting RR rear shocks instead.

This setup should allow me to haul ass down dirt roads much better than now.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #58
Golden Member
Quote:
This setup should allow me to haul ass down dirt roads much better than now.

Yes, very much so. I have that exact setup, king front and rear, stock leafs in back, left the coilovers set how them came. It rides so nice now. Much more predictable and stable on road, corners much better. Off road is a dream, pot holes and washboard are a thing of the past. Get the kings, leave the rear at stock hight, stock a-arms will be fine. You will be so freeking happy with that setp you might just dance a jig. give downsouth motorsorts a call, they know what's up.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #59
Does anyone know how much thread needs to be above the adjusters to set these coilovers to 3" of lift? I tried looking at fox's website but they seem to be changing everything around there and cant find what im looking for.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #60
Golden Member
Quote:
Does anyone know how much thread needs to be above the adjusters to set these coilovers to 3" of lift? I tried looking at fox's website but they seem to be changing everything around there and cant find what im looking for.
I know that 5 full rotations is 1 inch on the king's. I would think they would be similar or the same thread pitch on the shock body.