Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FOX 2.0 vs 2.5 Coilover

View Poll Results: If you had a choice and money wasn't a factor, would you choose...
Fox 2.0 adjustable coilovers 55 22.54%
Fox 2.5 coilovers 189 77.46%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #61
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Try to find somebody who has a 3" lift and see if they can measure their wheel gap from the top of their tire to the bottom of the fender and what size tires they are running.

I just measured my front and rear gap the other day and for the life of me I can't remember now.

But even then, some have more factory rake than others.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #62
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
Does anyone know how much thread needs to be above the adjusters to set these coilovers to 3" of lift? I tried looking at fox's website but they seem to be changing everything around there and cant find what im looking for.
Probably looking at around 1.5" on the passenger side and 1.75" on the driver's side. Start there and adjust as needed.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #63
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Probably looking at around 1.5" on the passenger side and 1.75" on the driver's side. Start there and adjust as needed.
Would that be above the top collar that locks, or above the collar that adjusts preload, or from the top of the spring up?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #64
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
Would that be above the top collar that locks, or above the collar that adjusts preload, or from the top of the spring up?
Not sure. Trial and error, of course, so adjust to the top of something, measure, and make changes as needed.

3" is a guide and not a rule, and really it's only possible to get an exact lift if you measured your truck from the floor to the frame on both sides before and after, with the same tires set at the exact same tire pressure.

My adjustments are mostly eye-balled until I got 1 side where I liked it. From there I measured from the ground to the frame and adjusted the second side until that ground-to-frame measurement matched. Many, many nights spent in the garage.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #65
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
anybody out there running the fox 2.5 w/ resi on their first gen tacoma? i've been searching, trying to see where the resi mounts to the truck and cant find anything...thinkin about swaping my icons for the fox's any pics would be apprectiated

thanks guys
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #66
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
could u run 2.0 shocks in the back and run 2.5 shocks in the front for whould it make it un even
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #67
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennythetaco View Post
could u run 2.0 shocks in the back and run 2.5 shocks in the front for whould it make it un even
yes you can run both those. those are the specs for the diamater of the shock not the lift height. the rear fox shocks will provide no lift but the front CO's are adjustable from 0-2.5" of lift. to gain lift in the rear you will need an AAL, shackle, or new spring pack.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #68
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennythetaco View Post
That's the set up I run.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #69
sgmartz is on a distinguished road
sgmartz's Tacoma Gallery
I just found this topic after searching for "fox shock revalving ratio" and all I found was a four page thread about the color of fox shocks, black vs. blue. I'm sorry but this is the lamest thread I have ever read.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #70
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmartz View Post
I just found this topic after searching for "fox shock revalving ratio" and all I found was a four page thread about the color of fox shocks, black vs. blue. I'm sorry but this is the lamest thread I have ever read.
maybe you would have found what you needed if you would have used a less specific search term...also, i dont know what is lamer, your first post bumping a 2 mo old thread or the fact that you read this whole thread and made a comment like the above...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #71
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Just a comment... I have the 2.5's and the best part of them is when you learn how to 'work' them through the whoops and other dips to modulate them (use of accelerator/brake) as to not bottom them out!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #72

^ good book
Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #73
shockme is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Patrol Sgt.
Name: Todd
shockme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
here is mine.2.0 and love them.got the lruca as well.good luck.
Quick question: Did the mounting bracket for your reservoirs come with your shocks? Thre reason I'm asking I just got my 2.0 coilovers from AP and there are no mounting brackets...have to order seperately? Thanks in advance...
Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #75
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
that is a damn good deal! better than any panzy drop bracket lift. wish i didnt already pull the trigger on some camburgs and bilsteins
Old 08-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #76
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockme View Post
Quick question: Did the mounting bracket for your reservoirs come with your shocks? Thre reason I'm asking I just got my 2.0 coilovers from AP and there are no mounting brackets...have to order seperately? Thanks in advance...
came with the shocks.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #77
Built Ford Tough.
Fisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zack
Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
THREAD REVIVAL
Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #78
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery

Located in AZ and might be selling my Fox 2.5 and TC uca's. Shoot me a PM if you might be interested and we can go from there!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #79
TacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to beholdTacomaWill is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
TacomaWill's Tacoma Gallery
THREAD REVIVAL!!!
sorry, but ive been searching EVERYWHERE and i cant seem to find a 100% positive answer.
on every website, it says the fox 2.0 co's are adjustable from 0-2 inches of lift.
but on here, you guys said that you can adjust them to 3 inches???
i really want the 2.0's but i have 33's on my truck (only running a 3 inch coil spacer right now) and a front body armor bumper with an xrc10 winch, and if the fox 2.0's only go up to 2 inches of lift, it wont be enough.
do the fox 2.0 coilovers adjust all the way up to 3 inches of total lift???
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #80
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...suspension/294

According to this they only go to 2"....the extended travel will allow 0-3". I wouldn't waste money on a 2.0 diam coilover, just get a 2.5 without the resi.