Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which UCA is better..??

View Poll Results: Which UCA do you Like and Why..??
Total Chaos 281 54.99%
Donahoe (icon) 63 12.33%
Camburg 129 25.24%
stock 38 7.44%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #41
BBQ BOY has a spectacular aura aboutBBQ BOY has a spectacular aura aboutBBQ BOY has a spectacular aura about

BBQ BOY's Tacoma Gallery
well I finally hired a manager and have been training him for a while now. Very soon my brother and I will take every other week off. When I am not there then my brother will be there and vice versa.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #42
ICON VEHICLE DYNAMICS
icon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
icon2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
coo good looking... by any chance y is that the icon (donahoe) UCA so expensive...??? I see all these other ones and they do the same shit for almost half the price...??
Our arms are more expensive because they are machined out of a solid piece of aluminum and are not a welded tube design. Besides offering a sealed dust cap to keep dirt out of the uniball they also offer on truck adjustability to gain caster or camber. We also use rod ends to eliminate squeaking from urethane bushings.
For a tube style arm I would definitely recommend the Total Chaos arms.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:58 AM   #43
If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front
imsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMFA-314 F/A-18 Fighter Jet Plane Captain and Mech.
Name: Randy
imsikotic's Tacoma Gallery
Any one of those product would do well for you. I don't know anything about the Light racing UCAs. But the other 3 are awesome. Im getting the Camburg Long Travel kit with the adjustable UCAs. I want to be able to alighn my truck a little easier. Good luck on what ever you choose.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #44
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon2 View Post
Our arms are more expensive because they are machined out of a solid piece of aluminum and are not a welded tube design. Besides offering a sealed dust cap to keep dirt out of the uniball they also offer on truck adjustability to gain caster or camber. We also use rod ends to eliminate squeaking from urethane bushings.

I might be calling you guys shortly, my new TC heim joint uca's are not correcting my alignment issues like TC said they should. My shop has had my truck for 3 days trying to make adjustments and re-align it with no success. They have also spoke with the owner and the engineer over at Total Chaos to try and help out with the problem. Granted, Total Chaos service has been excellent so far. They even worked with my shop on Friday when TC is normally closed and one of the owners gave their cell phone # to me and the owner of my shop doing the work. Very impressive service so far. I am supposed to get my truck back this afternoon and it is supposed to be aligned properly. The only bad thing is the front is sitting 3/4 inch lower than the rear, which is what TC recommended as a starting point to try and fix the alignment. I will update later when I get it back. Lifting is fustrating sometimes.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #45
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
problem half way fixed. I wonder how Icon's uca's would work for me vs the tc heim joint uca's?????
Old 09-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #46
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Im getting the Camburg Long Travel kit with the adjustable UCAs.
Oh, hellz yeah son!!! have you already ordered the parts so they are sitting around waiting for you when you get back state side? camburg makes a great LT kit, i'm looking @ their first gen LT kit for me
Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #47
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
you forgot the light racing ones
Old 09-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #48
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
you forgot the light racing ones
he prob left those out cause they have ball joints, not uni balls
Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #49
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon2 View Post
how strong is the solid piece of aluminum compared to the tube stlye?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #50
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
If you want adjustable arms, go with Icon's. Total Chaos heims are a pain in the ass to adjust.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #51
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
If you want adjustable arms, go with Icon's. Total Chaos heims are a pain in the ass to adjust.
ya but damn those things are spendy
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #52
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The billet aluminum arms are the strongest you're going to find. If you break those, odds are that will be the least of your concerns as you will have most likely torn apart lots of other stuff before damaging those UCAs.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #53
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
The Icon UCA is machined out of billet aluminum rather than made from bent chromoly tubing. They also have a dust cap on top of the uniball to keep it cleaner.

They're pretty much indestructible, but then most people will never push their truck hard enough to break even the stock components. Any of the designs will be strong enough to work for 95% of the people out there.
Exactly my thoughts but I'm running the Icon and it will probably out live the truck Oh and i love it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #55
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Total chaos are good, but performance wise, they are not as good as camburg. Camburg has a 1.25" uniball which allows aditional travel over total chaos, as well as strength.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #56
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
just put some camburg uca's on my truck!! they perform awesomly. very happy with the purchase
Attached Thumbnails
Which UCA is better..??-camburg-1.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:59 AM   #57

Quote:
just put some camburg uca's on my truck!! they perform awesomly. very happy with the purchase
nice, i have camburg UCA's too and i'm very happy w/ them. make sure to keep the uniball clean (it gets dirty very easily) and only lubricated the uni ball w/ a non petrolium based lube. tri flow and militec are good choices.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #58
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
nice, i have camburg UCA's too and i'm very happy w/ them. make sure to keep the uniball clean (it gets dirty very easily) and only lubricated the uni ball w/ a non petrolium based lube. tri flow and militec are good choices.
alright ill look for that stuff and make sure to keep it clean. i've also heard of people making neopreme sleeves to go around the uni ball
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #59
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Any one of those product would do well for you. I don't know anything about the Light racing UCAs. But the other 3 are awesome. Im getting the Camburg Long Travel kit with the adjustable UCAs. I want to be able to alighn my truck a little easier. Good luck on what ever you choose.
That's tight... I'm really going more for the long Travel as well... After waitin for a little longer and drove my buddies 1st gen taco with that kit on it... That shit is well worth it if u use it... Does anyone know if the lift spindle that camburg has that's 950$... Will work with there long travel kit or do I have to buy another one..??? Oh and screw blocks in the back... When driving in the dirt with blocks they r garbage and strictly for show..!!!! Also scary as shit lol
Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #60
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
That's tight... I'm really going more for the long Travel as well... After waitin for a little longer and drove my buddies 1st gen taco with that kit on it... That shit is well worth it if u use it... Does anyone know if the lift spindle that camburg has that's 950$... Will work with there long travel kit or do I have to buy another one..??? Oh and screw blocks in the back... When driving in the dirt with blocks they r garbage and strictly for show..!!!! Also scary as shit lol
i've never had any problems with my 2 inch blocks and i drive pretty fast through dirt, dunes, and gravel roads.