1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which UCA is better..??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sandman427, Jun 9, 2009.

?

Which UCA do you Like and Why..??

1. Total Chaos

55.0%
  2. Donahoe (icon)

12.5%
  3. Camburg

25.1%
  4. stock

7.4%
  1. Jun 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    IM about to buy new upper control and i wanted to know what you guys think is the better one....??? And Why...??? Donahoe, Camburg, or Total Chaos

2. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Camburg for the 1.25" uniballs that allow for more travel without binding.

3. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    You forgot to put in Allpro UCA's.
    Its what I put on with the Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit.

4. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    damn i didnt even know they had it... is it on their site...???

5. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    They allegedly stole camburgs design for it, I have read some pretty interesting forum wars between the two fabricators

6. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    shit no way... where did u find these forums at...?? At first glance they do look similar tho... what makes them any different other then the name...?? They are in the same price range and the specs are similar....

7. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    They are in fact almost identical. Let me try and find a link

8. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
  9. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    coo good looking... by any chance y is that the icon (donahoe) UCA so expensive...??? I see all these other ones and they do the same shit for almost half the price...??

10. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Whichever ones align my truck correctly while still allowing increased downward travel over stock.

11. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    The Icon UCA is machined out of billet aluminum rather than made from bent chromoly tubing. They also have a dust cap on top of the uniball to keep it cleaner.

They're pretty much indestructible, but then most people will never push their truck hard enough to break even the stock components. Any of the designs will be strong enough to work for 95% of the people out there.

12. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    thats some funny shit i like how they are talking shit in such a nice way.... thanks... what u guys think about the stock upper control...?? i mean i go out with the truck but i dont push it that hard... its still my daily driver... cuz if that screws up im gonna be shit outta luck.....!! lol

13. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    With a lift and only light wheeling your main concern is probably alignment rather than strength.

Look into the Light Racing UCAs as a less expensive alternative. It uses a stock-type joint and helps alignment when lifting the front of the truck.

14. Jun 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    coo thanks boss... i appreciate the help....

15. Jun 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    On the Toyotanation board, one of the Mods said he had lots of trouble getting proper alignment after installing Camburgs. He finally ditched em and put on Total Chaos.
    I'm gonna have my wife sew some dust covers outta neoprene for my ball joints.
    I'm gonna check the Icon uca dust covers. My experience so far says dust covers are a very very good thing cause its not just dust that settles on the ball... Lots of crap gets on there.

16. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:25 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    coo thanks jim...

17. Jun 19, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    Yea Camburg uca's do not correct alignment issues as good as total chaos uca's do. I think TC arm has more caster built into it than the Camburgs.

18. Jun 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    +1

I've been tracking all the scoop on these UCA's; TC, AP, Camburg, & LR...

And when it comes to travel, noise, and dependability; LR UCA's get my vote... Plus there has been talk of a new and improved version that has corrected all previous quirks.

Camburg came with a version that uses ball joint option, but; when you factor the retail price of $399 + Ball Joint + Install if you dont own a press tool... Well, you end up way over the 439ish price of the LR UCA's.

Not as cool looking, but get's the job done with less maintenance and noise down the line....

LR UCA's are on my to do list :D

19. Jun 19, 2009 at 11:00 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Right on thanks...

20. Jun 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I just voted TC because thats what I have!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top