LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What valving and shock travel do I need?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
What valving and shock travel do I need?

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ce-shocks.html
Old 06-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
huuuuuuuuu
Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
anyone?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i think these......but dont u ever quote me!!!!! lol

11.94" Travel - BE5-6249-H5 255/70 valve
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
hahahaha Um thats better for mjp's rig.... not mine
Old 06-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
hahahaha Um thats better for mjp's rig.... not mine
not really....thats a fairly simple valving, but even my shocks for my 3" leaf packs are only 14" travel
Old 06-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I thought you were being funny and just picking the biggest travel shocks.

My bad.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #8

u may be able to do 10"...not sure though
Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Im getting a Fabtech AAL from Sonny.... I dont have the TSB though
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Just talk to sonny he will help you out.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Just talk to sonny he will help you out.
Yeah I know. I was just seeing what yall think
Old 06-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
HIKR is on a distinguished road

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
So, what shock did Sonny say to go with? Also, I couldn't find info on the length and valving of the 5100's that everyone's getting (BE5-C478-T0), so if anyone has this info I'd appreciate it. I just realized that the OP might be running stock height in rear?? I'm looking at doing a 2" AAL, so can I just do a 2" longer 5125 than a stock length? I'm also assuming if it's the same valving ratio and just a longer shock it will ride the same?? Also, what's the eye-to-pin adapter or whatever that we need? I guess I should just call Sonny too
Old 06-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #13
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Yeah I know. I was just seeing what yall think
Talk to Roxspin72 ( think thats his name). He has them. He was very informative when I asked him about the 5125s
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
u may be able to do 10"...not sure though
Believe this to be true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
Talk to Roxspin72 ( think thats his name). He has them. He was very informative when I asked him about the 5125s
Hey Thanks for the comment, but I must tell you it was all props to Sonny when it came to choosing this set up. Every truck may differ. Measure your stock shock eyelit to eyelit, and he will square you away. But, in sayin that; Im pretty sure that the 255/70 valving is standard for single shock setup, and 10" Travel will be suffice for TSB w/AAL.

I'm running this set up & have no complaints both on and offroad. I hit the speedbumps w/no worries, and enjoy the uneven pavements of my daily travel

But none the less, contact Sonny @ DSM, just to CYA.. ICSH...