1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spindles and coilovers..??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sandman427, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 17, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Call up Camburg or send them an email. I mean there is more than a 1/4 inch of space between the spindle and tire.

2. Jun 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Ok so I just took a ruler out and the closet it came was 1/2'' inch. I just don't want to say yes it will fit and then you get stuck with something that doesn't.

Man if you were local or ever down here in So Cal I'd let you test fit your rim/tire combo on my truck to see if it touches the spindle.

3. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oh god...where in Socal are you located??? ROADTRIP!? then disneyland.... :yay:

4. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Also, how hard was it to install the spindles?

5. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Let's role LOL....!!!

6. Jun 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    mmm....bout 20min away from Disneyland. I live in Whittier.

I didn't do the install on the spindles though, I payed $200 and got spindles installed coilovers adjusted down and an alignment so I figured that was a good deal.

7. Jun 18, 2009 at 12:43 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Dude it looks good.....

8. Jun 18, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.

Indeed it will. funny yet tragic story..... I had the ABS line zip tied to the spindle. Apparently when turning the zip tie got pinched between the spindle and the wheel and cut it. So my line was hanging kinda loose and ended up on the front side of the spindle and was also pinched and severed in half.. :(

So anyways now I have to fix that line on the drivers side.. If anyone is running this set up just be careful and make sure u have the abs line secured behind or on the side of the spindle.

9. Jun 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    How did you know it was cut before u checked it...??

10. Jun 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    Because my ABS light on the dash randomly turned on :(

11. Jun 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    Nothing wrong with the TC spindles but the price. But if your going to get coilovers, set low, and spindles you might want to consider buying the heim joint uca's from total chaos instead of the urethane bushing uca's. Just speaking from personal experience.

12. Jun 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    coo thanks.... Well im gonna keep at 1" with the coil-over.... Is that a good idea still...???

13. Jun 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    bermise

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    I have my Icon's set at about .5 inch of lift and I am having some alignment issues with my current uca's. If you run spindles and coilovers, you should look into a adjustable uca. If not you can buy my used TC uca's in the for sale forum. Sorry for the jack.

14. Jun 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    For sure how much..??? And how bad is the alignment...???? One more thing y are u gettig rid of your UCA..???

15. Jun 19, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    bermise

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    They are $475+ shipping but there is one member commited on here but if he falls through, you can have them if still interested. My alignment is ok but could be better. I need adjustable uca's thats why I am getting rid of the ones I have.

16. Jun 19, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Alright well thanks for the offer... And the info as well....

17. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    Have been trying to decide what route to take to lift higher than my present 3".Originally was going to go Fabtec,but after reading rumors of them going out of business & months of backorders,decided against that.ProComp is still an option.I have a Prerunner & was also looking at this way of spindles & coil overs,but am not sure I like what I'm reading.I'm looking for 6" of lift & I was thinking Camburg spindles & adjustable coilovers,but seems like I'm reading don't crank em over .5" & my TC uca's won't work?Am I getting this right?I don't really wheel any except the occassional field or powerline trail,mainly just cause I like the looks of the taller lift.Anyone out there getting 6" of lift using spindles & coilovers & using TC uca's or stock uca's or would PC be my better option?

18. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    One of my friends that got the spindles before I did has a setup somewhat like what you're describing. He had the Donahoe Coilovers cranked up to 3'' with Camburg UCA and then got 4'' spindles installed. So he was driving around with about 7'' of lift in the front. He has an aal in the rear but in no means did that even get it close to sitting level.

This past week after having it like that for over year he finally adjusted the coilovers down to about 5.5-6'' of lift. It's still big, and I think he needs to either get a new leaf pack or throw a block in the back because it has a little too much of the bro stance.

He says he hasn't had any problems with his alignment with the Camburg UCA. I stayed with the stock UCA because I have my coilovers adjusted around 1''.

19. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Just get the Camburg Long Travel Kit. You will have alot more fun with it and a better ride. Im saving my pennies for my kit with the new Fox/Camburg Resi-Coilovers. 15" of useable wheel travel. I love off-roading so this fits all of my needs. I can rock- crawl, desert run and still go mudding at the end of the day. You will also get a nice on road ride. Good luck on your shoice and remember to have fun and take pics.

20. Jun 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM
    bermise

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    No you have it backwards, you need to crank up your coilovers to at least 2 inches or more to properly use the TC uca's. The uca's are designed to correct alignment issues associated with 3 inch lifts. So you should be fine if you want 6 inches of lift using spindles.

If this does not make sense you should research spindle lifts more and see how they work. And/or call Camburg or Total Chaos

Products Discussed in

To Top