1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spindles and coilovers..??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sandman427, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Wassup yall i wanted to get a little more height out of my front end and I've been made aware by a total chaos rep that i could get spindles from them that will raise the truck in the front and i could set the my coil-over to maybe 1.5" (4.5" total) i was wondering if this is a good idea..???

2. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Spindels are a good way to achive lift on a Prerunner.

3. Jun 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    Rippin101

Rippin101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jax Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4
    -Nitto G2 265/70/17 -Level 8 MK6 Wheels -Katzkin Leather Black on Black -BHLM -Weathertech -Extang Solid Fold -Bedlight LEDs -TRD Skid
    Yep! Retain your factory suspension components so there isn't much else needed when upgrading the spindles :D

4. Jun 11, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    coo... Thanks fellas... Yea I think Im going to get the upper control arm first cuz Im noticing a little wondering on the freeway... and then Im going to get the spindles... Who do u guys think makes the best spindles and the best price for it as well..??

5. Jun 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Actually i was also wondering.... I saw HBtacoma's Build and it looks good... But he has a RCD lift... Which is 4.5"??? Is this a better idea..?? Or will i be ok with the spindles and adjustable coil-over..???

6. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The spindels and CO will give ya more ground clearance than the RCD.

7. Jun 11, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Spindles and Coilovers FTW...I'm running around 5 inches of lift

8. Jun 11, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    Rippin101

Rippin101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jax Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4
    -Nitto G2 265/70/17 -Level 8 MK6 Wheels -Katzkin Leather Black on Black -BHLM -Weathertech -Extang Solid Fold -Bedlight LEDs -TRD Skid
    Get the Camburg ones... they bought Allied Spindles and now sell them for $950, best price you'll find around.

9. Jun 11, 2009 at 9:46 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    For sure I'll def look at the camburg ones and I didn't know that it would give you more ground clearance... Y is that??... What about the total chaos spindles..?? And is there a differnece between the two..?? Cuz I want to get a total chaos UCA and from what I am hearing that TC is a better UCA then camburg.... Does that go the same for spindles..??

10. Jun 12, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    they give more ground clearance because the RCD is a drop bracket lift, the bracket is what lowers your clearance

11. Jun 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Ohhhh I see..... Thanks Fellas for all he help.... Since Im running 33in tires would it be a good idea to get it rear geared... Will i notice that much of a difference..??

12. Jun 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    TacoTycoon

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    No problem pal. You could regear, but honestly you would be fine with your stock gears with just 33s. You will notice some difference because of the higher rotational mass, but nothing too drastic.

13. Jun 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Yea... I was just woundering i kind of figured that.... Its cuz im trying to see what would be better on gas for the truck and me as well... Do you think a throttle body spacer would help... I know its good as far as fuel to air mixture but do you think it would help the gas millage..???

14. Jun 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    TacoTycoon

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    Well I have no personal experience with the TBS, however, I have heard from about 95% of those that do have it, it is better at being a paper weight than increasing engine performance/mpg.

15. Jun 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Really...??? Yea your right in some cases it just makes it sound better and thats it... my buddy has it on his silverdo and it just sounds good and thats it he makes it sound like its adding all this power to the wheel and the throttle response is sooooo much better to him HAha .... Thanks again....

16. Jun 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    TacoTycoon

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    lol yeah butt dynos are usually not the most reliable of devices, glad I could help bud

17. Jun 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yea for sure

18. Jun 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    by any chance do you know what the gears are rated at...??? I have 2006...

19. Jun 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    camburg spindles are legit! I would only reccommend a drop bracket lift for a 4x4. So nay on the RCD, Procomp, and Fabtech.

20. Jun 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    for sure good looking out boss nice truck... what kind of upper control do u have..?? Oh did u use anything else...?? WHat i mean ia all you got was lift spindles and upper control right..??

Products Discussed in

To Top