Notices

TSB AFTER Toytec liftkit?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
Conservative
Motorkopf is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3002
Motorkopf's Tacoma Gallery
TSB AFTER Toytec liftkit?

Has anyone with a 3" Toytec lift had the TSB done after your liftkit was installed?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure that the dealer wont upgrade your suspension after youve lifted it. did you put on the rear block or the add a leafs? right now im talking to toytec to see which one would better suit my truck cause im not gonna do the tsb. so ill let you know what they say when they get back to me. but ya im prety sure the dealer wont do anything since you already changed or upgraded the suspension on your truck it needs to be stock for them to do anything according to the bulletin
Old 11-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
IF TSB has been done they suggest blocks, AAL if TSB has not been done.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
im pretty sure that the dealer wont upgrade your suspension after youve lifted it. did you put on the rear block or the add a leafs? right now im talking to toytec to see which one would better suit my truck cause im not gonna do the tsb. so ill let you know what they say when they get back to me. but ya im prety sure the dealer wont do anything since you already changed or upgraded the suspension on your truck it needs to be stock for them to do anything according to the bulletin
Toytec said that I could do the lift before the TSB, but you may be right. I actually just ordered the lift with the 1" spacer for the rear and haven't installed it yet. Only reason I'm considering installing the lift first is that I'll have some time this weekend to do it. If you're not doing the TSB they'll recommend the AAL. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the TSB either, but free Bilsteins- can't beat it. Also they'll replace the leaf springs with a "non-squeaky" four pack from what I understand (?), so that would be nice too. If my dealer won't do the TSB because it isn't stock, I'll either find one that will or I'll just ask for the parts and do it myself. With just the spacer up front and a spacer in the back, I'm wondering if the dealer will even realize it's not stock (?)
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance

It depends on the mechanic doing the work, if you can talk with him first before he tells the service manager you have a lift the mechanic might let it slide if he is cool enough.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
Conservative

Good tip- thanks.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to jack the thread, but LQQK, do u think that a 2-3" block would be ok for mine? i like the leveled look, but i think i wanna go higher...haha...would there be anything else i'd need to get? just a block set from advanced, autozone, wherever.....and i might get the shock spacers from toytec...whatcha think? and what would be an easy way to get a few more inches outta the front? those procomp kits and all are EXPENSIVE!!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance

I'm confused with what you are asking.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

would i need anything else to lift the rear besides the blocks....ie driveline spacers, shims, etc?...and also, what could i do to get a few extra inches out of the front that would work w/ the front spacer lift? and for some mild offroading, would the rear shock spacers from toytec be good (for 3" of play)?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance

blocks only for the extra lift in rear, shims and spacers are to try to fix vibs if you have them but some say they dont work. As for more lift in front a new 3" spacer lift, you cant have pucks stacked on top of one another on the coil spring. Do you mean the rear shock extender? If so, its like getting longer shocks for the rear but alot cheaper.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

i wasnt talking about stacking the coil spacers...but seeing if there's another way to get some more lift in conjunction w/ the spacer lift...like we were talking about the lowering s-10's w/ coils AND spindles....that type of idea, but lifting
Old 11-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance

Not that I know of.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

damn...i may just buy me a set of blocks and throw them on and see how they look...thanks though
Old 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

what about something like this for the front??

4" lift spindle
Old 11-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance

I keep forgetting your 2wd, I would have gone that route the 1st time.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

haha...thanks pal!!! someone is selling a set on ebay for 500+90 shipping...and claims that they were purchased for $1k from the website, though they site apparently hasnt been updated in a while and have no prices...get that, a block for the rear, and i'd have 6.5 up front and 4 1/4" in the rear...including the tsb
Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorkopf View Post
Toytec said that I could do the lift before the TSB, but you may be right. I actually just ordered the lift with the 1" spacer for the rear and haven't installed it yet. Only reason I'm considering installing the lift first is that I'll have some time this weekend to do it. If you're not doing the TSB they'll recommend the AAL. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the TSB either, but free Bilsteins- can't beat it. Also they'll replace the leaf springs with a "non-squeaky" four pack from what I understand (?), so that would be nice too. If my dealer won't do the TSB because it isn't stock, I'll either find one that will or I'll just ask for the parts and do it myself. With just the spacer up front and a spacer in the back, I'm wondering if the dealer will even realize it's not stock (?)
ya for sure free bilsteins is sweet but i just bought my truck and its the off road pkg so i already have the bilsteins if you dont have em i would do the tsb suspension first and wait..i know painful..but wait on installing your lift. plus if you ordered the rear block it will definitely help out your ride if you opt to and get the tsb done. let me know what you decide and how it turns out
Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

ok...well i got a set of 3" blocks from autozone for $30 and a set of 2" shock extenders for $6 (dont pay toytec's $11+10 shipping for their 3" extenders). hopefully new pics in the morning
Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #19
Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
ya for sure free bilsteins is sweet but i just bought my truck and its the off road pkg so i already have the bilsteins if you dont have em i would do the tsb suspension first and wait..i know painful..but wait on installing your lift. plus if you ordered the rear block it will definitely help out your ride if you opt to and get the tsb done. let me know what you decide and how it turns out
Well I went to the dealer today and they put the TSB parts on order. They said the parts will probably be in next week. So... the only question now is can I wait a week to do the lift! The lift kit gets here Friday and as I have the whole weekend off (my wife will be on a trip) it really would be the ideal time. I may just go ahead and install it, and hope the dealer doesn't have a problem with it. If they do, I'll just ask them to give me the parts probably. When I called the dealer yesterday they were being a little difficult, telling me that it was only an upgrade for the rear leaf springs, and that they didn't recommend it etc. I told them since I have a non-TRD that Bilsteins are part of the upgrade, they told me to talk to the service manager, I left a message, didn't get a call back, so I went in to talk to them today. They took the keys from me, loaded it up with sand apparently to verify the problem, and the service advisor (the one I spoke to on the phone) came back and said the parts were on order. SWEET. They were actually really cool in person. Anyway, I'll decide this weekend what I want to do. What's your plan?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #20
bbarian333 is on a distinguished road

bbarian333's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Motorkopf, What dealer did you take your too? Did you have to load your bed for the diagnosis? I'm having trouble gettting the TSB done to my truck.