1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Some Help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FullDraw02, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    Vent Visors Flowmasters Dual Exhaust Rhino Mats .......
    Ok I tried this once but I still havent gotten anywhere. Heres the deal. I own a 2009 double cab 4x4 tacoma with the bilstein stock shocks and P265-65-r17. I am interested in purchasing a 3inch lift with bigger tires and new wheels. The 2 lifts that I am interested in is the OME 3inch or the Ruff Country 3inch... I know with the OME they replace shocks and coils front and back and the lift is 700, however the Ruff Country puts spacers in the front and add a leafs in the back and retain the stock shocks and is $250. I know the saying you get what you pay for but I dont want to pay double for something I might not need. I do go offroad but its only when I go hunting through a washed out road or over a log just for ground clearance. I just want to know what lift is best suited for me. I dont want to loose the stock ride and feel and again its mainly for looks and minimal offroad use for ground clearance. Which of these lifts are better for me or is there another one out there that I should look into>? What should I do>? Thanks guys

2. Jun 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    The OME will give you a better ride while the spacer lift will give you a stiffer ride. The choice is yours, pay now or pay later.

3. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    If i were you i would just try staying away from a spacer lift as much as i can. Im pretty sure one day you are going to want to take it offroad and do more than just drive to go hunting. If you think about it, with a better and more reliable lift, you will be able to go further therefore get better game when you go hunting. :D just my .02

4. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:05 PM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    Thankyou, do you recommend the OME lift, or is there another affordable and reliable lift>? and what about UCA's>? do you recommend them

5. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    MiikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    UCAs are going to be a lot more. I dont think you will need them unless you really want to push your truck. Everyone on here prefers the billy 5100s.

6. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    billy 5100's>? lift im assuming>? how much and what does it consist of>?

7. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:15 PM
    MiikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
  8. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    They are right the spacers will give u a better ride you will also notice the difference off-road as well... It wont eat up the terrain as well as the OME... Don't get me wrong the spacers will do the job (not as well as the OME though) cuz i had it on my truck originally but i wanted the upgraded shocks... just try not to destroy it... but with the upper control you might have to replace cuz on my truck it wonders a little bit on the freeway primarily(but then again its my truck)... also its good for the alignment as well and off-road.....

9. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    so you recommend the OME w. UCA's

10. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:50 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    For me yea... it also depends on if you don't care about the ride quality that much.... and how much you want to spend as well.... IF your off road frequently and i don't mean every day it would be really nice to have... But then again its up too you and how much you want to spend....

11. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:53 PM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    i care about ride quality, so what tire size do you recommend if I go with the OME w. UCA's... and should I keep my stock shocks or get these billy5100's>? I appreciate your help alot

12. Jun 12, 2009 at 12:03 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    no worries bro.... well first its going to depend on the size rim you want on my truck I got the 18" KMC rockstars monsters .. And my tire size is 285-65-R18(32.5in) ... If i went 17s i would have been able to put 285-70-R18(33in)... your going to have a little rub so you going to have trim it a bit.... oh and are you going to go mud terrain or all terrain as well...??? And with the stock shocks your going to have to switch them out if you lift the rear.... otherwise you will run the risk of snapping them or something else.... My bad and i forgot to add the OME will be a little stiffer on the road then the off-road but better for the offraod if that made sense...lol

13. Jun 12, 2009 at 1:17 AM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    ok i am looking at the motometals 951 in 17x9 or kmc hoss in 17x9... i really just want to run a 32inch mud terrain tire... thats pretty much the plan a sturdy 3 inch lift that will give me ride quality along with ground clearance for the minimal amaount of offroading that i do along with looks... im taking in everyone help but there just doesnt seem like a definitive answer. some say stay away from spacer lifts other say ome is the way to go... its crazy.. then when im done finding my lift i have to find a tire that i can run w.out rub then hope that the rims i want will fit with the backspacing and all the other stuff... its just so complicated but again everything you have said is help because i know nothing

14. Jun 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Im right there with u... I'm some what of a newb as well the stuff im telling you is the stuff i went through with my truck and from what I have leaned by doing some reasearch to be honest it becomes trial and error.... In the end it gonna be up to you... But I could tell u this I have a buddy who kept his stock 17in alloys and just powder coated them and he ran 33 in tires with no prob... But mine had a little rub and I have smaller wheels it's just gonna depend on the rim u get... If it going to rub or not..?? Oh and the rub that you will ecounter will be very minamle if any at all... You will probably notice it when your at full crank coming into a drive way or something...

15. Jun 12, 2009 at 1:45 AM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    well i guess youre right... i think im going to go with the ome lift... and uca's

16. Jun 12, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Get the OME shocks for best results/ride with the lift. :) Also, get 1 trim packer for the driver side, to account for the extra weight.

17. Jun 12, 2009 at 5:37 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    to the OP for reference Toytec PN: TP14

18. Jun 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yea for sure bro... your gonna like the ride quality better with the OME.... Post pics when you get em....

Products Discussed in

To Top