Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spindles advice..??

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
sandman427 [OP] sandman427 is offline
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
sandman427's Avatar
Name: Amir
Joined: Mar 2009, #14497
Location: WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
Age: 28
Gender: Dude
Posts: 5,894
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Spindles advice..??

Sup peps Im looking into buying spindles for the truck and I had a little problem... I wanted to know which one would be the better choice and what difference is between the two... Im looking at the Camburg 4" spindle for 950$, and the total chaos spindle for 1399$... I posted both the links to both of them and if anyone could tell me the difference it would be appreciated... I noticed that The camburgs are cheaper and are 4" and the TC are 3.5"and more expensive... Y is that....???
Thanks
http://www.camburg.com/tacomaP05.html
http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_05taco.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
chris4x4's Avatar
Name: FlimFlubberJAM
Joined: May 2008, #6497
Location: Tenoe, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,965
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the camburg. They allow use of the sway bar, which is a good thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about
 
tc2008's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008, #8935
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 766
tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
TC is for their well known off roading performance parts name that's all. Camburg trying to compete with TC in the off roading word and they are able to cut the cost down a little less than TC because they are corporate of sway away merge into one which is, Camburg.

IMO camburg has better spindle due to their heavy duty metal that they use to weld their spinde. I've seen lots of people run their spindle and haven't had issues with it. I always go to Camburg with my buddy to check out their parts and boy do they make it neat and sturdy! of course if you get their spindle you have to end up using their Long travel if you decide to go that route because their geometry is complete different than TC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about
 
tc2008's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008, #8935
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 766
tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I would go with the camburg. They allow use of the sway bar, which is a good thing.

Umm, chris none of their after market spindle allow you to use the sway bar. I checked twice because they are around the corner from my house
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
chris4x4's Avatar
Name: FlimFlubberJAM
Joined: May 2008, #6497
Location: Tenoe, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,965
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
Umm, chris none of their after market spindle allow you to use the sway bar. I checked twice because they are around the corner from my house
Ok....I have installed them.

Also:
These are Camburg Engineering's all new 4" lift spindles for the 2005-2009 Tacoma Prerunner, 2006-2009 FJ 4x2, and 2003-2008 4Runner 4x2. These are a great solution for larger tires and factory ride or much need clearance for larger tires with our bolt in mid travel coilover or long Travel kits. Factory spindles are known for bending so this new design is much stronger than the factory units giving you strength needed for extreme off road use. These spindles are CNC machined, fully fabricated, with an internally gusseted boxed design, 3/4' wider per side to correct spindle offset as well as more tire clearance with upper arms. Our new steering arm angle will relive binding on the factory outer tie rods at droop. Also included is high strength 12 point alloy hardware to hold in the factory lower ball joints, and has a high performance powder coated finish. With Camburg's superior strength you can still utilize the factory sway bar on stock applications or mid travel setups. These new spindles work with your factory ABS and require new brake lines. There are two different brake lines one for use with stock lower arms and one for the Long Travel suspension.

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
Senior Member
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about
 
tc2008's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008, #8935
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 766
tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ok....I have installed them.

Also:
These are Camburg Engineering's all new 4" lift spindles for the 2005-2009 Tacoma Prerunner, 2006-2009 FJ 4x2, and 2003-2008 4Runner 4x2. These are a great solution for larger tires and factory ride or much need clearance for larger tires with our bolt in mid travel coilover or long Travel kits. Factory spindles are known for bending so this new design is much stronger than the factory units giving you strength needed for extreme off road use. These spindles are CNC machined, fully fabricated, with an internally gusseted boxed design, 3/4' wider per side to correct spindle offset as well as more tire clearance with upper arms. Our new steering arm angle will relive binding on the factory outer tie rods at droop. Also included is high strength 12 point alloy hardware to hold in the factory lower ball joints, and has a high performance powder coated finish. With Camburg's superior strength you can still utilize the factory sway bar on stock applications or mid travel setups. These new spindles work with your factory ABS and require new brake lines. There are two different brake lines one for use with stock lower arms and one for the Long Travel suspension.

why the hell the guy at my local Camburg told me they can't be used with any sway bar?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
chris4x4's Avatar
Name: FlimFlubberJAM
Joined: May 2008, #6497
Location: Tenoe, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,965
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
why the hell the guy at my local Camburg told me they can't be used with any sway bar?
perhaps he didnt know his product. Not the first time a representitive from a company has given wrong info about a product they carry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
Senior Member
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about
 
tc2008's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008, #8935
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 766
tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
perhaps he didnt know his product. Not the first time a representitive from a company has given wrong info about a product they carry.
damn, this guy has been there for so long. He always give my buddy discount. Unbelievable whatever Camburg still has the best spindle, I'll be soon getting one for my next mod...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about
 
tc2008's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008, #8935
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 766
tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
perhaps he didnt know his product. Not the first time a representitive from a company has given wrong info about a product they carry.
NVm I've been informed Camburg spindles come in 2 versions of spindle one with sway bar mount and the other don't come with...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
chris4x4's Avatar
Name: FlimFlubberJAM
Joined: May 2008, #6497
Location: Tenoe, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,965
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
NVm I've been informed Camburg spindles come in 2 versions of spindle one with sway bar mount and the other don't come with...
Yep. The guy should have known that.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spindles FLtaco Suspension 6 02-09-2011 10:28 AM
XM Unit advice (General electrical advice actually....)HELP! 11BSSG 2nd Gen. Tacomas 1 11-27-2010 05:50 AM
Spindles... jmed99 Suspension 17 04-08-2010 05:57 PM
spindles. taco_man Suspension 14 01-26-2010 08:53 PM
help with spindles kmrofka Technical Chat 26 01-19-2010 04:16 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.