Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift/vsc/trac questions for 2009

Old 06-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
808 is on a distinguished road
808's Tacoma Gallery
lift/vsc/trac questions for 2009

i was planning on buying a 09 tacoma 4x4 off road package.. i wanted to lift it 6 inches and throw on some 35's... after reading thru some threads, i am concerned that lifting a 09 will throw off its stability control mechanisms... the trd off rd pk. comes with something called "vsc+ a-trac. and DAC". etc.... not to mention that it also has auto lsd as well. i read elswhere that these functions may be interfered with when lifting the truck. i really want to lift the truck but i am kinda worried about it affecting the features of the truck. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
TRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the rough

TRDnAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 808, I had the same questions about lifting my 07 with the same options. I haven't lifted it yet but this gave me piece of mind about having it done. I do know that most dealers sale all ready lifted Tacomas so they must have a way to do it. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VCS Calibration .pdf (246.4 KB, 169 views)
Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Great documentation TRD! I was hoping this was not a completely factory learned system with no adaptability.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
TRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the rough

TRDnAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Whitebread, Glad to help out.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
09tacolift is on a distinguished road
Name: Ann
09tacolift's Tacoma Gallery
i have 09 its been lifted 6 inches with 34s was fine on the way home , then took it to be aligned and the vsc light comes on. any help
Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #6
Carolina_Boy
Carolina_Boy is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Columbia Fire/Rescue, Columbia SC.
Name: Brandon
Carolina_Boy's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 09 tacoma 4x4 trd sport, with a 3 inch lift level kit and 33 inch nitto mud grapplers, no probs with the vsc or anything else, not to mention my tuck is modified futher but having emergency equipment installed due to being a Vol firefighter, and i even relocated the the vsc button with no probs what so ever so yall will be fine....
Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacolift View Post
i have 09 its been lifted 6 inches with 34s was fine on the way home , then took it to be aligned and the vsc light comes on. any help

You may need your Skid Control Ecu re- calibrated , see TRDnAZ's pdf file above .
Old 09-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
forrest108 is on a distinguished road
forrest108's Tacoma Gallery
VSC recalibration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
Great documentation TRD! I was hoping this was not a completely factory learned system with no adaptability.
Beware!
Put on slightly larger tires, 265/75 R16 and 2" inch lift in the front and less in back. VSC started going off around hwy turns, pushing it a little but not much. This system is not safe when it goes off as the truck tends to drift into the other lane. I'm used to it now but save the day when this happens to my wife.
I've already had my '10 in for VSC dealer recalibration, had to bring in the pdf mentioned earlier; no better. Dealer is having the same issue with a lifted Tacoma they sold this year.
I would like to find a way out as it does seem to be a factory system with no adaptability.
I would like to have the VSC switch automatically engage when the ignition switch is turned on. There is some talk of this possibility on another thread on this list but as yet no one has done it.
Blake