Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift

Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
lift

OK, I'm sure this has been covered a million times and you tw vets are tired of this question but here it goes...

Thinking about a minor lift, anyone want to share pro's and con's of the 5100's (front and rear)

or this http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

or other sugggestions in similiar price range???

Thanks and please don't bash me to bad for asking this question lol!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
5100's are a better quality shock then the stockers and can provide different amount of lift.

Those top plate spacers are better than pre load spacers as they will not affect your ride...but it you are thinking about wheeling your truck at all....think about shocks/springs instead of spacers. They cost a bit more...but it's worth every penny.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
5100's are a better quality shock then the stockers and can provide different amount of lift.

Those top plate spacers are better than pre load spacers as they will not affect your ride...but it you are thinking about wheeling your truck at all....think about shocks/springs instead of spacers. They cost a bit more...but it's worth every penny.
So that kit in the link would be good for somebody who wants a good looking lift and doesn't want to go offroad much?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm not a big wheeler but go off road occasinally and do not want to have to worry about it so I guess I need to stick with suspension.......
Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes.
Thank you Brunes.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TRD View Post
Well I'm not a big wheeler but go off road occasinally and do not want to have to worry about it so I guess I need to stick with suspension.......
I would recommend the 5100's over the spacer lift any day...and I don't even have them. The 5100's are a FAR better shock then the stock (even TRD) shocks. It'll improve the ride, stock setting or otherwise.

Cheaper to do the spacers...but why not get the improved ride too??
Old 06-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would recommend the 5100's over the spacer lift any day...and I don't even have them. The 5100's are a FAR better shock then the stock (even TRD) shocks. It'll improve the ride, stock setting or otherwise.

Cheaper to do the spacers...but why not get the improved ride too??

Very true, so all I would need to buy is the shocks correct? No springs UCA's or anything like that?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #9
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
So I think I will get the 5100's all the way around set the front at 1.75 and do nothing to the rear(non TSB truck). What ya think?

right now the front measures 34&3/4 from ground to bottom of fender and the rear is 36&1/2