Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky Leaf springs while in SoCal?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
medic is on a distinguished road
Navy: Flight Deck Director
medic's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky Leaf springs while in SoCal?

I recent returned from SoCal, and while I was there, my leaf springs squeked and creaked like crazy. Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix. Now that I am back in Arizona, all is fine.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
mine just started squeaking too about a week ago. i haven't done any offroading or anything out of the ordinary to possibly do any damage. I don't know whats causing it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
mine squeak whenever I hit a dirty puddle (or turn my truck into a submarine). Try to pressure wash the hell outta them
Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
mine squeak whenever I hit a dirty puddle (or turn my truck into a submarine). Try to pressure wash the hell outta them
I'll definitely try that because its quite annoying.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
x2 pressure wash the crap out of them.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i had mine submerged in mud and they've squeaked ever since. tried pressurewashing them, and it helped a little, but they still squeak...so i'll be dissassembling mine to clean them when i get the time.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you do, keep WD 40 away!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Whatever you do, keep WD 40 away!
why not wd-40.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #9
medic's Tacoma Gallery
Mine only squeaked while down in SoCal. Back in Arizona now and all is well. What gives? Why?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic View Post
Mine only squeaked while down in SoCal. Back in Arizona now and all is well. What gives? Why?
cali dirt and az dirt don't get along.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
why not wd-40.
It actually attracts dirt in the long run and gets all that gunk stuck in there.

I have no idea why in AZ it stopped
Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
Quote:
It actually attracts dirt in the long run and gets all that gunk stuck in there.

I have no idea why in AZ it stopped
ya have noticed that, wd-40 doesn't do anything to keep the leaft quiet anyway, maybe it has something to do with the heat, cali has been cool the last few weeks and i am sure az has been 1000'f like it always is, maybe the bushings soft and give more in the high heat and get harder and create friction in cooler temps.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #13
medic's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Squeaky

Best answer I have heard yet..... albeit the only one.
Quote:
ya have noticed that, wd-40 doesn't do anything to keep the leaft quiet anyway, maybe it has something to do with the heat, cali has been cool the last few weeks and i am sure az has been 1000'f like it always is, maybe the bushings soft and give more in the high heat and get harder and create friction in cooler temps.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
medic's Tacoma Gallery
Although it has been cooler in Arizona than the past years at the same time.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Silicone lubricant spray. Spray the bushings and pads between the leafs. Use a screwdriver to wedge between the leafs so you can spray the pads between the leafs.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
pressure wash and spray in between with a good moly lube... triflow works real good... i'ts basically liquid teflon
Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #17
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
Could it also maybe be the shocks mine just started to do this as well and I barely push on the truck even just a little bit and squeeks everytime. Or just the bushings for the shocks or leafs.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004robert View Post
Could it also maybe be the shocks mine just started to do this as well and I barely push on the truck even just a little bit and squeeks everytime. Or just the bushings for the shocks or leafs.
it won't be the shocks, it is either the bushings or the pads on the leafs. Go to a do it yourself car wash clean the crap out of them, then go home and lube the pads really good and hope that works.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it won't be the shocks, it is either the bushings or the pads on the leafs. Go to a do it yourself car wash clean the crap out of them, then go home and lube the pads really good and hope that works.
Here is the solution:
I had the same issue with my 09. it drove me crazy! the anti friction pads wear out between the leaf springs. i took it to the dealer and They re greased the leafs at no cost, and now no problems at all ! Its not a tsb, but something similar. The service guys were the ones that told me about it.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #20
I would go to the dealer but tossed the stock leafs away a long time ago, running deavers now, pressure wash and lube the pads works best.