1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6" Fabtech on my 4 banger

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chad68, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:15 AM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    No I don't have one on sorry. Thought I would throw this out here for feedback as well...

I have a 2009 4 banger, reg. cab 4X4 Tacoma.

I'm currently running a 3" Revtek. Wheels are 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's with a 4" BS. Tires are 265/75/16 Kumho adventure MT's. I also have K&N intake and Magnaflow exhaust and other crap but that's not really related to this question.

With the Revtek lift and the added weight and larger diameter of the 265 tires, the 4 banger handles it with no problems and I'm convinced it can easilly work with 33x11.5" tires, without re-gearing. I have no desire to try to run 12.5's on 9" wheels with a 3" or 6" lift though, as I'm sure that much added weight would need a regear for sure. I would probablly re-gear at some point with 285's because of the mileage and regain some of the lost torque and HP's. I know I would hit the body mount with 33's at 3" but this is what I'm thinking of instead of what I have now.......

What I'm thinking about is a 6" Fabtech with the dirt logic coilovers set to give 5" of total front lift and using a 2.5" leafpack on the rear. That combo would set the truck totally level. Or maybe a 1.0" block and a 2.0" leaf pack for a 1/2" of rake. I have 1" of rake now and don't like it too much. The rear looks good with the 32's, but the front looks kinda low even with just the 32's.

I've been thinking about just getting coilovers for the front like Camburg 2.5's or King or Fox and cranking them to 3.5" but all I hear is how bad that is, so I'm thinking of going 6" lift and running 285/70/17's.

With the dirt logic coilovers set to a 5" lift, will it handle better offroad than set to 6" of lift? With 33's I don't really need the full 6" of lift anyway but 3" is not enough.

By running the coilovers at 5" and using 2.5 leafpack for the rear, I could avoid using those nastay 4" fabtech blocks. I can't understand why they use such a huge block, when everybody knows they are bad.

So all together I was looking at something like this.

Wheels 17x8 with 4.5 or 4.0 BS. I actually like how the 4.0's poke a little with the 32's but 4.5 is fine too and would probablly be better since the 285's are a bit wider.

Tires would be the same Kumho's I'm runing now but in 285/70/17 instead.

Fabtech with dirt logic coilovers, set to 5" height.

And the 2.5" leaf pack or 1" block and 2.0" leafpack for a little rake.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this was too long and confusing.

Products Discussed in

To Top