Notices

Lift with VSC answer.....

Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #21
forrest108 is on a distinguished road
forrest108's Tacoma Gallery
VSC kicking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by docuw View Post
So what is the right thing to do here? No calibration? My dealership isn't the brightest, and I think if I asked them about it, they might have some blank stares. I definitely notice my VSC kicking in easily, but its usually while cornering and hitting a bump at the same time that leads to it kicking in (which its probably supposed to do given that one wheel is probably bumping off the ground).

Went to dealership for recalibration, had to give them the pdf instructions.
This has made no difference. VSC still goes off around corners with some rough asphalt. Nothing safe about it.
Dealership has had trouble controlling the VSC on a lifted truck they sold.
IF you find out anything like a simple disconnect please post.
Thank you,
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
This doesnt make sense to me. How would lifting the truck affect the yaw-rate sensor? B/C really the yaw rate sensor just tells if you fishtailing type of situation. So how does lifting the truck affect this? This is really the only thread that i see of this type...how come so many other people arent having problems?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDKenE View Post
This doesnt make sense to me. How would lifting the truck affect the yaw-rate sensor? B/C really the yaw rate sensor just tells if you fishtailing type of situation. So how does lifting the truck affect this? This is really the only thread that i see of this type...how come so many other people arent having problems?
Many people have had problems with the VSC when lifting. I'm don't think it throws the yaw sensor off but more the wheel sensors and it isn't the lift that does it but the different tire size that affects the wheel sensors.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #24
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
its the lift... i have 3 inch lift and my vsc is more touchy and im on stock tires. some lifts have more effect than others, depending on the stiffness of the ride.

This is why procomp makes two lifts. on vsc compatible and one that isnt
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #25
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
well that helped me...I will go with the softer coil springs then
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #26
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDKenE View Post
well that helped me...I will go with the softer coil springs then
i think stiffer springs will minimize body roll and reduce vsc. IDK but its frustrating. When i install a locker im going to disable the vsc and abs.

I hate abs especially in snow. itll be nice to screw around and not worry about vsc "protecting" you too
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #27
DaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura about
Army: Navy / Army
Name: Dave
DaveSmith's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at this post from TundraSolutions (bottom of page). It looks like shimming up the back of the yaw rate sensor along with resetting the zero points for yaw and deceleration is the fix.

It will take me a week before I can try this out but I will post info asap. If anyone beats me to it please post results.

Anyone know where the yaw rate sensor is on the 2010's?

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...d/#post1321287
Old 08-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #28
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSmith View Post
Take a look at this post from TundraSolutions (bottom of page). It looks like shimming up the back of the yaw rate sensor along with resetting the zero points for yaw and deceleration is the fix.

It will take me a week before I can try this out but I will post info asap. If anyone beats me to it please post results.

Cool info Dave . I hope this translates to our Tacomas .
Old 08-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #29
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSmith View Post

Thanks for digging this up. Looking forward to hearing about the results.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #30
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
anybody ever try applying this solution to the tacoma?
Old 04-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #31
The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO
CCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 19 EMS AERO REPAIR/CRASH RECOVERY
Name: Shawn
CCFBERG's Tacoma Gallery
Im currious also because Ill be installing lift and tires very soon and Im VSC. Maybe they tried it and didnt make it back
Old 04-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #32

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
have 2010 lifted 3" all around, no vsc issues...
Old 04-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #33
larry2375 is on a distinguished road

larry2375's Tacoma Gallery
billstein 5100's at 2.5" and 1/4" top plate spacer which makes it 3" on driver side and 2" aal in rear. i was worried before the lift and i'm happy i haven't had any problems.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #34
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
I have this issue on my truck...I seem to only have the issue on certain angled turns, and at any speed rate at above 30mph...I started driving more slow around certain turns that I think will set it off, and im ok....but my truck still has this issue and its very annoying to feel like im driving on eggshells in corners. I am on a 3" lift with 285 tires. For the kits like the procomp 6" for VSC...does this stop the vsc from going off? also, for the thing mentioned above about holding the VSC for 3 seconds...does this help at all?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #35
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
I have this issue on my truck...I seem to only have the issue on certain angled turns, and at any speed rate at above 30mph...I started driving more slow around certain turns that I think will set it off, and im ok....but my truck still has this issue and its very annoying to feel like im driving on eggshells in corners. I am on a 3" lift with 285 tires. For the kits like the procomp 6" for VSC...does this stop the vsc from going off? also, for the thing mentioned above about holding the VSC for 3 seconds...does this help at all?
Did you get your skid control ECU zeroed after your lift ?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #36

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
[/I][/B]

yup. thats what i do if i anticipate really twisted roads like going to lake arrowhead. you have to stop b4 doing it though.
do you have issues with your vsc kicking in? Im lifted 3" all around and make the drive up and down the mountains all the time, no issue whatsoever...

This whole thing is making me wonder if it has more to do with 33"+ tires... Like i said im lifted 3" with 32" tires and no issue but know of people with 33s that have issues...
Old 04-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
larry2375 is on a distinguished road

larry2375's Tacoma Gallery
vsc kicked in while taking the twisted on ramp to the freeway around 40mph. i first felt the brakes pulsing. went around three more times on the same on ramp to check what conditions would make the vsc kick in. seems like it would kick in at sharp turns going 40mph. i have 5100's set at 2.5" with 265/70 17" tires. getting 285/70 tires in two weeks, so i'll test it out again.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2375 View Post
vsc kicked in while taking the twisted on ramp to the freeway around 40mph. i first felt the brakes pulsing. went around three more times on the same on ramp to check what conditions would make the vsc kick in. seems like it would kick in at sharp turns going 40mph. i have 5100's set at 2.5" with 265/70 17" tires. getting 285/70 tires in two weeks, so i'll test it out again.
Have you had the skid control ecu re-calibrated after your lift install ?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2375 View Post
no, seems from reading threads, it may not help, and i don't want to jump the wrong pins.
I got it done @ the dealership .