Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quick question on rear Bil 5100 install

Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question on rear Bil 5100 install

So, after waiting for ever the 5100's got here to go on the back.

Install not too bad, just a tight fit for the new bushing on the lower mount.

Question : How tight should the upper fastner be ? right now I have approx 1/2 inch of threaded stud above the top of the nut and the bushings are moderately squashed. Never having done this I dont know.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
So, after waiting for ever the 5100's got here to go on the back.

Install not too bad, just a tight fit for the new bushing on the lower mount.

Question : How tight should the upper fastner be ? right now I have approx 1/2 inch of threaded stud above the top of the nut and the bushings are moderately squashed. Never having done this I dont know.
that should be good man. just dont wanna squash the bushings too much.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick reply.
It seemed like the bushings needed some room to squrim around a bit.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I tightened mine to leave about 3/8" of thread showing above the nut which was close to the way the original bilsteins (TRD) were set up.