Help with picking a Susp lift for 03 yota

Old 06-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Mud Queen
YotaGrl will become famous soon enoughYotaGrl will become famous soon enough
YotaGrl's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to YotaGrl
Help with picking a Susp lift for 03 yota

Alright,

So I have an 03 Ext Cab Taco. I dont know a whole lot about lifts, only that since im an off roader I DONT want a body lift. I do want to be able to fit 33's on it. So from what I have read 3' susp lift looks like the way to go.

Now my problem... I have been looking at the diff Susp lifts, and i have no idea whats good.

Like i said this truck is for offroading NOT SHOW! so susp lifts only.

Thank you!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I too am looking at lifts and the little that i know ARB stuff seems really good. Most olders posts if you search thru them I see OME alot and only read good things. If you go to ARBUSA.com they will send you a free catalog with dealer contact info and you can get a parts list from the web site for your truck, free to print off . not much info but a place to start. Good luck
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
So Your ganna want to go with a Coilover lift, and either AAL or full leaf pack for the rear.

Toytec, Sway-A-Ways, and Icon... I think, make real good coilovers for our trucks.

You check out Toyteclifts.com...And WheelersOffroad.com
Great products and prices!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of offroading are you planning on doing?

what part of Cali are you in?

different regions, different terrain call for different types of set ups...

what works in one area of wheeling, may not work as well in another and vice versa...
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 AM   #5
Mud Queen
YotaGrl's Tacoma Gallery
I live in northen Cali. Im looking to do desert kinda stuff. No rock crawling. Thats what my friends are into.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest coilovers from ToyTec to Sway-A-Way to Camburgs to Icons for the front and a full custom leaf pack for the rear w/ some nice resi. rear shocks. Give us a budget.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
Mud Queen
YotaGrl's Tacoma Gallery
Budget hmmmm 600 or under? But i want some that will hold up.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaGrl View Post
mmm...good luck with that. A good leaf pack in the back will cost you $600 alone. Doing stuff to your tacoma aint cheap
Old 06-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$600?

ToyTec/OME coil spring lift kit and AAL in the rear is your options.

Check out:

www.toyteclifts.com
www.wheelersoffroad.com
Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im looking to do desert kinda stuff. No rock crawling.
Quote:
at bare minimum, i would strongly suggest looking into higher end coilovers like Kings, SAWs, Camburg, or Icons for the front, and a full 8 leaf pack with resi shocks in rear...

figure front end alone will run about $800 to $1,200 and rear will run about $800...

PM me for shortcuts though...