Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

no arch left

Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
no arch left

my leafs are pretty shot. I was about to get the icon 3 pack, but now looking at the springs i dunno if i should just wait and save for the deaver 10 pack? what you guys think? Heres some pics

Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Just score Toytec AALS for now & save for the others....mine were about that bad even tho I haven't been playing airplane with my truck, lol, and the AALs made it much better! Or suppose you could just get helper spring if no lift needed even cheaper.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Just score Toytec AALS for now & save for the others....mine were about that bad even tho I haven't been playing airplane with my truck, lol, and the AALs made it much better! Or suppose you could just get helper spring if no lift needed even cheaper.
i would rather do the icon 3 pack aal than the toytec
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
are u out of warranty for the TSB's?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I did the Toytec AAL but now it seems to be losing it's arch. What's the advantage to the Deaver 10 pack? Does it give you lift like adding a leaf? Does it help with sagging in the rear when carrying a load? Will it hold it's shape over a longer period of time? Just wondering...
Old 06-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
are u out of warranty for the TSB's?
yea i am, bout to hit 55,000. i got a good relationship with my service guy, i can ask him and maybe he can pull some strings?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
I did the Toytec AAL but now it seems to be losing it's arch. What's the advantage to the Deaver 10 pack? Does it give you lift like adding a leaf? Does it help with sagging in the rear when carrying a load? Will it hold it's shape over a longer period of time? Just wondering...
you dont wanna be loading stuff with the deaver. itll give you 1- 1.5" lift over stock. its really soft
Old 06-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
yea i am, bout to hit 55,000. i got a good relationship with my service guy, i can ask him and maybe he can pull some strings?

its possible....give a lil lift and free wouldnt be bad. if u were gonna buy something, i'd just get a complete pack. depending on if u are wanting flex or weight capacity/stiffness would depend on who u want to get it from
Old 06-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
Tuned By Gadget

thanks hodgey. i hardly ever have a heavy load, when i do its when i go camping or just little moving furniture around, so the deaver should do me good
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

deaver or AP i've got the AP 3" and i love em

get the 1.5" AP leafs for 375, u-bolt flip for 50, and u've already got the 5100's....
Old 06-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Yeah, but ur a AP whore!

haha...i know...but i've never heard a complaint or even a "they can do it better" about the leafs. they are a 10 pack too...good flex as long as u have the shocks to take it. they dont like weight though. i've got will to make me a 1/2" block to go on my drivers side to offset the tank weight
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Thats a good idea, with the block! How much weight loss CAP are we talking about? I have started saving for my complete rebuild first will be the front, I know what I'm doing up there but still up in the air for the back? Thought about the Deavers seem to be no complaints, I have the Alcan AAL in there now but gonna ditch that.

no idea about the capacity loss, but someone else said that they said that every 400lbs=1" of droop or something like that
Old 06-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

hey skim....15% off leafs for the month of june too from AP.....just fyi...lol so 318.75 + shipping on the leaf packs...so that 15% equals free u-bolt flip kit