Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coil overs

Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Coil overs

Where is the best Place to get coil over shocks? and what brand? Also should i also get a new UCA as well?

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
it all depends......what are you trying to accomplish?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I want to be able to get my truck in the air without breaking anything on the landing. I'm not going to take it out all of the time just every once in a while. and just to off road here and there.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if you are wanting to jump your truck...you may wanna look into a long travel setup................and theres alot that can go into all that.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i know that is the best rout. I was hoping the was a easier/cheaper way to be able to do it here and there. There is a shop by my house the does Long travel setups. I got a price the other day and they wanted 18k to do it. thats the same amount as i paid for my truck. I know i need new c/o's and front compents like UCAs, ect.. and that but what do you normally do in the rear? I was on Total Chaos's web site and saw all of there stuff for the front but nothing for the rear.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the allpro LT kit runs less than 5k and includes UCA's and all u'd need then is a CO. they recommend FOX CO's for their stuff. as for rear, get a replacement 10 leaf pack and shocks to handle the added travel and u'd be set.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Great thanks for your help. I'll look there.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Also get some Light Racing jounce shocks or Fox air bumps in place of your stock bumpstops. Landings can hurt without a little something extra to cushion the compression.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone make a trailing arm setup for our trucks insted of running leaf springs or are those custom built items? Just wondering because i see that setup of other makes and models of trucks.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I want to be able to get my truck in the air without breaking anything on the landing. I'm not going to take it out all of the time just every once in a while. and just to off road here and there.
i was jumping my truck for about 3 years, average once a month just on stock replacement coilovers and deaver 8 leaf pack...

it can be done if you are just into mild wheeling...

granted, im long travel now and probably should have gone this route from the get-go, but you don't necessarily have to drop insane amounts of money... just need to know how to shop and know the limits of your truck...

feel free to PM me for some inside info on building up your truck and saving some money in the interim...

Old 06-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
ok awesome. Yeah right now I only have about 1k saved up so i figured it was going to take forever to buy the long travel kit. Thanks everyone for your help.