Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Affordable lift but decent quality

Old 06-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Affordable lift but decent quality

Hey guys, once again, I'm back in the Suspension section wandering around...

I'm looking to raise my truck 3 inches, but I want something under $500 to do so. I've seen that some people have spacers, and I'm wondering what are the pros and cons of a 3inch spacer lift. I've picked out a 2 things, and am wondering if this is a good combo. Feel free to give me some suggestions. I won't be offroading much, mainly just for looks.

Here is something for the front: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

And for the rear: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i was thinking 6 inch at first.. but little too much.. so i just wont to throw 33's under and get some better bumpers and some sliders
Old 06-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
skip on the spacers.

just get a 3 inch toytec lift......coils up front,aal in the rear. you'll be set, and you'll love the ride.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
skip on the spacers.

just get a 3 inch toytec lift......coils up front,aal in the rear. you'll be set, and you'll love the ride.
Thanks for the reply Will!

So this would be my best bet: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Also, what coils should I get? 884's, 885's, or 886's? And should I get them with the rear block kit? Sorry for being so stupid about this stuff...
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Thanks for the reply Will!

So this would be my best bet: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Also, what coils should I get? 884's, 885's, or 886's? And should I get them with the rear block kit? Sorry for being so stupid about this stuff...
no problem buddy, and dont worry, its better to ask if you dont know...its what we are here for. since you have an access cab, you will be good to go with the 884 coils.........885 or 886 will be too harsh of a ride i believe,especially since you wont be doing much offroading. with the all for the rear...no need for the rear block.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Alright, sounds good! Thanks again, and for being nice about it. About the rear block: would it help gain some clearance back there?
it may set you up a bit higher, but the ride quality will be bad, and blocks can crack...and cause axle wrap, which you definitely dont want. you can always get a 1.5 inch aal to go into your leaf pack tho.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it may set you up a bit higher, but the ride quality will be bad, and blocks can crack...and cause axle wrap, which you definitely dont want. you can always get a 1.5 inch aal to go into your leaf pack tho.
Thanks for your help tacomaman06, I really appreciate it!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
I figure I'll be going with the same package very soon.

Does it matter whether you've had the '09 leaf TSB done or not? I haven't asked my dealer about the TSB yet because I figured I would get the extra leaf anyway with the Toytec package. Yes?

I have the TRD sport, so I already have the Billy's.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:31 AM   #10
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I think toytec has seperate AAL's for TSB and non-TSB trucks. I know there's not mention of it on the site, but I remember hearing about them.

No lift yet for me, but when I go for it it will be the toytec OME kit. Been doing loads of research, and it seems to be the best bang for the buck for light offroading.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM   #11
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
There is indeed a seperate AAL w/ or w/o TSB done via ToyTec.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
get an OME suspension lift 140N front shocks 885 coils 10mm enhancer
Being as the 885's are recomended for double cabs, and he has an extended cab 4 banger, maybe the 884's would be a better choice.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Being as the 885's are recomended for double cabs, and he has an extended cab 4 banger, maybe the 884's would be a better choice.
Quote:
good catch Chris 4x4, I was jumping the gun.... again

thnx

timmer
see my 2nd post fellas.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
good catch Chris 4x4, I was jumping the gun.... again

thnx

timmer

Quote:
see my 2nd post fellas.
Your a mod now...We dont read what you write.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #16

Quote:

Your a mod now...We dont read what you write.
ahahaha!!!!

i hear ya mr. "im about to hit 20k posts....so im post whore supreme"!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #17

Quote:
ahahaha!!!!

i hear ya mr. "im about to hit 20k posts....so im post whore supreme"!!!
i know.....I have no job, or life.....

Perhaps I will take "Leave".......
Old 06-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #18

Quote:
i know.....I have no job, or life.....

Perhaps I will take "Leave".......
the only leave you're gonna take is from one thread to another!!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #19

Quote:
the only leave you're gonna take is from one thread to another!!
Yes Sir!