Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec "Ultimate lift kit" opinions

Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec "Ultimate lift kit" opinions

Toytec "Ultimate lift kit"

Anyone out there have this?

I am thinking of havint it installed on a 2009 DC LB

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=53
Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
It is better than body lifts & spacers for sure...
Old 06-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Hey not trying to beat a dead horse as I read a few other posts when I did a search, but just looking for real world experience from guys with this kit installed.

I was originally just going to go with spacers until I read into it further.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
i have this kit too with TC upper control arms on the same vehicle you have, 2009 DC LB 4x4
Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Technically I have it (although pieced together). I have the front coils set at about 2" of lift with TC UCA's. Man... its smooth as butter. Way better than the 5100/884 combo I had.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
renval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shed
renval's Tacoma Gallery
are the adj. coils pre set up to 2.5' or 3" from factory ,Doug told me they set them to 3" but when i opened the box this afternoon they look like 2" high
Old 06-20-2009, 02:00 AM   #9
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by renval View Post
are the adj. coils pre set up to 2.5' or 3" from factory ,Doug told me they set them to 3" but when i opened the box this afternoon they look like 2" high
the website states it is set between 2.5 to 3 inch. When I got mine they were set to 2.5 inch, so im guessing its random?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
renval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shed
renval's Tacoma Gallery
how can i measure that, between the collars? pics will be great thx
Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
I've got them too, here is a link to see my truck:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...-long-bed.html
Old 06-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwguy60 View Post

Truck looks great. what size are those tires?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
Makana will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Makana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by renval View Post

How much inches of thread do you have below the adjuster ring?
Doug said its a 3" lift so you shoud have 1 3/4" threads below the adjuster ring, if you increase that to the max 2" threads you will have 3 1/2" lift.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #14
geolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of light

geolink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hi VW, Thanks for the show and tell of your thread!

Like the looks of your lift. I have been researching and planning to do a similar lift to my similar truck.

One thing you stated in your thread ..."The c/o's I got with the silver Eibach 600# springs".
Do I understand that coil spring options are available in the Toytec Ultimate lift kit?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #15
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geolink View Post
Hi VW, Thanks for the show and tell of your thread!

Like the looks of your lift. I have been researching and planning to do a similar lift to my similar truck.

One thing you stated in your thread ..."The c/o's I got with the silver Eibach 600# springs".
Do I understand that coil spring options are available in the Toytec Ultimate lift kit?
I believe the "red" spring are also 600# springs also. As far as options from Toytec, I do not know to be honest. When I placed my order they called me the next day and told me they were out of the red springs. If I wanted them I would've had to wait a few days. They gave me the option of the silver ones and I thought it might look better so I took it.

You might want to call them and ask if there are more options. I do not know if the red springs are Eibach or not, if they are it just might be a color option.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
geolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of light

geolink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe the "red" spring are also 600# springs also. As far as options from Toytec, I do not know to be honest. When I placed my order they called me the next day and told me they were out of the red springs. If I wanted them I would've had to wait a few days. They gave me the option of the silver ones and I thought it might look better so I took it.

You might want to call them and ask if there are more options. I do not know if the red springs are Eibach or not, if they are it just might be a color option.
ten four. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #17
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #18
renval's Tacoma Gallery
FINALLY!!!! it just got installed, was really concern about ride quality and vibrations because i have seen a lot problems with lift kits, but let me tell u this Toytec ROCKS, no vibes rides almost as good as stock u can feel the bumps a bit more,but cmon is a truck and now it feels like truck im so happyunfortunatly my digital camera died on me so i wasnt able to take pics but as soon i get it charged ill take some.

BTW the guys from Toytec "great service" same day i order my lift same thay was shipped
Old 06-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #19
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
DIY or get it installed?

Any one have any thoughts on what a shop charges for install including UCA's?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
renval's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpj View Post
DIY or get it installed?

Any one have any thoughts on what a shop charges for install including UCA's?
i was going to do myself but i decided to hired profesional help it was done in 3.5 hrs with no pain on my lower back and no greese hands dont get me wrong i have worked on my truck but i didnt want to mess with the suspencion