Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Vibration issues !!

Old 06-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
steve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to all

steve r's Tacoma Gallery
Vibration issues !!

@ 25mph under acceleration im gettin a slight vibration .I feel it in the drivers seat.I do have a fadtech 6'' lift.Could it be the drive shaft somehow.It only happens @ 25mph ,no other speeds.If i let off the accelerator at 25mph it stops,so it makes me think drive shaft .
Any ideas .Carrier bearing maybe .how do i check it ?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you need a tom woods drive shaft.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
steve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to all

steve r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Sounds like you need a tom woods drive shaft.
okay who do i contact for tom woods drive shaft?Ive read all the issues with vibration in search.it may be springs too .Guess ill have to replace it all .
Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
I'd check little things like alignment, tire balance, u-joints, and wheel bearings first. I think you may be right on the drive shaft though. I've got a a 3 inch lift and have a low mph vibration in the rear due to axle wrap.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #5

steve r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
I'd check little things like alignment, tire balance, u-joints, and wheel bearings first. I think you may be right on the drive shaft though. I've got a a 3 inch lift and have a low mph vibration in the rear due to axle wrap.
all mentione is perfect .had it checked last week.Got new wheel bearings last week also .Everything is tight so far.I did goodle tom woods and found the site .Ill order a shaft monday
I just have a gut feeling its the ddrive shaft>
Thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Dare_n is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AIR NATIONAL GUARD
Dare_n's Tacoma Gallery
How much you paid for the Tom Woods drive shaft? Does this only happen with fabtech lifts?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare_n View Post
How much you paid for the Tom Woods drive shaft? Does this only happen with fabtech lifts?
tom woods driveshafts are around 400-500 and vibrations could happen with any lift, i have 3" in front and 2" in rear and have vibrations below 5mph.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
tom woods driveshafts are around 400-500 and vibrations could happen with any lift, i have 3" in front and 2" in rear and have vibrations below 5mph.
Are you just going to live with it? Or are you going to try to fix it? I might have the same on mine (hard to tell), it feels just like I have REALLY knobby tires for a quick moment under normal acceleration from a stop.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec sells a carrier bearing drop kit for about $11. Cheap, easy thing to try before dropping hundreds on a new driveshaft. For many people it fixes the issue by lessening the driveline angles.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve r View Post
all mentione is perfect .had it checked last week.Got new wheel bearings last week also .Everything is tight so far.I did goodle tom woods and found the site .Ill order a shaft monday
I just have a gut feeling its the ddrive shaft>
Thanks

Silly thought but I know when they installed that 6" lift you had to have a drop differential bracket installed. That is still in place right.

Truck looks good by the way. Im going to get mine back from the shop here soon. Finally got that rear bumper installed and went up 2 more inches to get passed those tires rubbing.