Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

where can i buy longer u-bolts???

Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
wow is on a distinguished road
wow's Tacoma Gallery
where can i buy longer u-bolts???

installing aal and one inch spacer in front
dont want to start and find out u-bolts are too short in back.
where do you guys buy? online ?
will stock work? help thank you in advance
mike
Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if the stock ones will work I just bought longer ones when I got my lift, I got mine from toytec.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Find a local spring (suspension, driveshaft) shop. They should be able to custom make ubolts for you.

It's hard to order them online unless you know the 'exact' dimensions you need.

What are you installing in the rear?
Are you installing an AAL? If yes...then call the manufacturer of the AAL and ask them for some u-bolts if they didn't already come in the kit.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
If you have the standard 3-leaf pack and you're just adding an AAL, you can reuse your existing U Bolts. If you have the TSB pack and are adding an AAL, same thing (the dealer should have given you longer ones with the new pack).
If you're doing a block or an entirely new leaf pack (deaver, dakar, allpro etc) you can get these.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
If you have the standard 3-leaf pack and you're just adding an AAL, you can reuse your existing U Bolts. If you have the TSB pack and are adding an AAL, same thing (the dealer should have given you longer ones with the new pack).
If you're doing a block or an entirely new leaf pack (deaver, dakar, allpro etc) you can get these.
Re-using Ubolts isn't necessarily a good thing, especially if you do any offroading. When you re-torque them that 2nd time, they have a greater chance of coming loose. When they come loose, the centering pins can break and all hell breaks loose.

If you re-use them...just make sure you CHECK THEM to make sure they're staying tight.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Try These:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I had the TSB done, bought an AAL set from Toytech, and odered these to be safe
Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Re-using Ubolts isn't necessarily a good thing, especially if you do any offroading. When you re-torque them that 2nd time, they have a greater chance of coming loose. When they come loose, the centering pins can break and all hell breaks loose.

If you re-use them...just make sure you CHECK THEM to make sure they're staying tight.
You should be checking all the bolts you loosened for the lift anyway. That plus Loctite will prevent any problems.