Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

is this a good lift plan for my truck?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
Banned
TACOmaBELL is on a distinguished road
TACOmaBELL's Tacoma Gallery
is this a good lift plan for my truck?

some billie 5100s in the front and raise that up to 2.5 inches and a 1.5" aal in the back. and put a 1.5 inch body lift on the whole thing. but with that i dont have to worry about leveling the truck right? and i have a friend thats a grease monkey and he was gonna install all this in for free so. yeah. but does this all sound right? feel free to leave some advice because im still learning about trucks and stuff.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
this is all hearsay but 90% of the members on here are going to tell u a body lift is a bad idea... the billies and an AAL or a common used lift here
Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
this is all hearsay but 90% of the members on here are going to tell u a body lift is a bad idea... the billies and an AAL or a common used lift here
so should i get eh billies and the all and a 2 inch suspension lift instead??
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 AM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Going w/the aal and the 5100's set at 2.5... is a suspension lift.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Going w/the aal and the 5100's set at 2.5... is a suspension lift.
damn haha i feel stupid but hey, i learn from my mistakes.
but should i put a body lift on my truck after?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Body lifts are frowned upon around here. They do look a bit goofy if not used with the correct tires.

Another cheap route is to use spacers or blocks. These are also frowned upon around here but many use them and like them. They are just not recommended if you do ANY off-roading.

Did you read the sticky?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Body lifts are frowned upon around here. They do look a bit goofy if not used with the correct tires.

Another cheap route is to use spacers or blocks. These are also frowned upon around here but many use them and like them. They are just not recommended if you do ANY off-roading.

Did you read the sticky?
i didnt read the sticky yet. i just talked to a friend and he said that i should get billies in the front and an aal in the back. or should i just put billies both front and back? and i will go offroading and mudding.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #8
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you can afford it, go billies all the way around. If you need to save some cash, just do the front. The rear billies do not raise it any, they just offer a smoother ride.

My lift of choice is 4 billies and the 1.5 TSB AAL. I am only setting the front to 1.75 but most set to 2.5.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Banned
thanks
but what if i want my ride to go a little bit more higher??
Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #10
bass turds

Once you get into a 3" lift or higher, you need to do more things like a differential drop, brake line extnesion, etc.

Get in on the group buy for the Toytec Ultimate Lift. It gives you everything you need for a 3" lift.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...t-lr-ucas.html