Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TRD Sport bilsteins, bumpy ride

Old 06-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport bilsteins, bumpy ride

So I was wondering, whats the expected life of the Bilsteins that come with Sport package??

I'm asking because my wife has been saying that the truck feels a lot bumpy, and I've noticed too and I'm wondering when its gonna be time to upgrade....

Now, when its time to upgrade what do you guys recommend me to get??, i was thinking about 5100's front and back, and maybe a lil lift

I already have 4 leaf pack on the back.... I am a dumb ass when it comes to suspension, and almost everything related to it

BTW, since its a prerunner, i don't plan any major off roading, only when necessary, at least for now.....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
The 5100's ride much better then the stock trd.I had mine set at the 3rd setting..1.75". You've said maybe a little lift.The second setting is .85".With this there would be less pre-load on the spring then at 1.75".Meaning an even smother ride.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The 5100's ride much better then the stock trd.I had mine set at the 3rd setting..1.75". You've said maybe a little lift.The second setting is .85".With this there would be less pre-load on the spring then at 1.75".Meaning an even smother ride.
ok, thats good, now, with those settings i may be able to have a lil lift and the truck leveled out?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
5100s will allow 4 height settings - stock, .85, 1.75 & 2.5. You can get the Toytec 1/4" top plate spacer to level front from left to right by using it on drvr side. Rear can be adjusted by using AAL or not depending on how much lft you go with up front. The rear 5100s are not adj & do not provide lift, just better valving.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Might be the perfect time for you to take advantage of the group buy:

TacomaWorld Toytec Group Buy
Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
Might be the perfect time for you to take advantage of the group buy:

TacomaWorld Toytec Group Buy
yeah, ive seen that, but its not what I want at this point, just check my options to make the ride more comfortable and less bumpier, I dont even care about the lift so much....
Old 06-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Wha ... you don't care about the lift??? OMG - He's a witch! Burn him!

Comfortable and less bumpy - gotcha, bro. GL with that.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
Wha ... you don't care about the lift??? OMG - He's a witch! Burn him!

Comfortable and less bumpy - gotcha, bro. GL with that.
isnt doable??
Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
ok, thats good, now, with those settings i may be able to have a lil lift and the truck leveled out?
Yeah, Being as you have the 4 leaf pack,the second (.85)setting would return you to the factory rake.The fourth (2.5)setting would put you about dead even.