1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not this question again.......

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Maple85, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    Maple85

Maple85 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    Lots to come at some point. Hopefully soon.
    So I'm trying to level out my 2006 Prerunner. I'm trying to do this on a budget but at the same time dont want something that will hurt my truck. It looks like my best option is to buy the Bilstein 5100's and set them at 1.75 or 2.5. I have heard good stuff about Sonny at downsouthmotorsports so I will probably just get them from him and have a local shop install them. Anything else that I need other then the shocks.....or anything that I need to be aware of?

2. Jun 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    thats all. the shop will take the coils off urs, as well as the top plate, set the shock to whatever height you tell them, then install the stock on the 5100's. all they should nee to know is what setting you want it on. if ur doing nothing in the rear, i'd say 1.75 in the front

3. Jun 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    Maple85

Maple85 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    Lots to come at some point. Hopefully soon.
    Yeah i figured I would have to do the alignment.I have the TSB done so do you think I should go 1.75 or 2.5? I want it level or maybe nose down just a fraction.

4. Jun 27, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    If you have the TSP and you want ur truck to be level or slight nose down i would do the 1.75. i have stock in the back and 1.75 in the front and its a little bit nose up. but i like the look of nose up so i would do the 2.5 with the TSP

Products Discussed in

To Top