Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear suspension too weak.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Rear suspension too weak.

Its summer now so im hitting up the ocean and lakes on my jetskis. When my truck is fully loaded i have 2 stand ups in my bed and towing 2 seadoos on a trailer. but with all the weight on my rear suspension my truck sits really low in the back for example im less than a inch from the bump stops and the leaf spring are bowing up. i dont think the tsb is the way i want to go. im thinking of putting air bags in the back. should i do the bags, has anyone done this and any recomemdations on what bags to get?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A bigger trailer.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yep that would work but i like taking my standups most of the time and i normally take them to this secluded lake where u have to do a good couple miles off roading and there is no way of taking a trailer.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i hear deaver packs alot, dont know anything about them but i might be a start
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #5

yea i had that in mind too i just need to do some more research on them because someone was telling me that deaver leaf packs are not load baring so they are ment for mild desert driving.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Its summer now so im hitting up the ocean and lakes on my jetskis. When my truck is fully loaded i have 2 stand ups in my bed and towing 2 seadoos on a trailer. but with all the weight on my rear suspension my truck sits really low in the back for example im less than a inch from the bump stops and the leaf spring are bowing up. i dont think the tsb is the way i want to go. im thinking of putting air bags in the back. should i do the bags, has anyone done this and any recomemdations on what bags to get?

Why not do the rear leaf tsb? Lot's of people here have done it & are happy with it.--Just curious...
Old 06-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #7

does the TSP help that much more. i just thought adding one more leaf really cant help that much or am i wrong. do u know how much more weight you can carry with the TSP.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
and the TSB actually replaces all your leafs, not just ading one. so yes it would help...and if your in warranty its freeeee

the deaver pack would be no good for you, they are for flex not hauling.
however the OME leaf pack has a better than stock load rating and is alot cheaper than the deaver pack.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
If anything you should be looking into the Dakar leaf packs, not the Deavers.

The Dakar's are produced by OME and will increase your load carrying capacity a fair amount over the TSB springs.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #10

ok thanks ill take a look at them. yea i had a feeling about the deavers not being good for hauling.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #11
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #12
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i tried, just think of my comment as a bump
Old 06-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #13

hey no problem any advice helps.
Keason1* thanks for the link, the Dakar's seam perfect for my truck im probably going to get them hopefully in the next week or two.