Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

All Pro Leaf Pack Reviews?

Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro Leaf Pack Reviews?

Searched around and wanted to see if anyone has this leaf pack. I don't haul stuff so I'm not too concerned about that. I have an AAL from Toytec and its just too rough for my liking. I read a few posts about Deavers and Dakars, but the price on the All-Pro is almost half as much with their June sale.
Hope someone can chime in, sale ends in a few days.
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
Searched around and wanted to see if anyone has this leaf pack. I don't haul stuff so I'm not too concerned about that. I have an AAL from Toytec and its just too rough for my liking. I read a few posts about Deavers and Dakars, but the price on the All-Pro is almost half as much with their June sale.
Hope someone can chime in, sale ends in a few days.
Thanks.
Monkeyproof and I will have reviews for you real soon...

We will put them to the test tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've had the 3" AP leaf pack for quite a while w/ no issue on trail or off. they do hate weight though. i loaded up for the beach trip this weekend and they were sitting about 3" off the u-bolts. there was a good bit of weight as the bed was filled above the bedsides and my hitch basket had a cooler an a few suitcases on it. i definately wouldnt ask for anything more out of them. just make sure u get the u-bolt flips and a good shock in he rear to accomidate the 3" and added flex
Old 06-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

I have OME N182's in the rear and from what I've read, they should give enough travel (correct me if I'm wrong).
More reviews if you have them...and not the ones about your cousins girlfriends fathers next-door-neighbor that has them please. Also found a sale on OME Dakars leaf pack for $340 so if anyone has any comparisons, its much appreciated.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
damn Roger, you are on the mod bug, i love my deavers but they cost $$$. You can drive it around to see how it compares to your aal, they get really squeky when dirty due to the teflon pads on the leafs. If you buy form all pro or deaver go pick them up, shipping will cost an arm and a leg. here is a shitty pick of them when new.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #6

Yeah everything that I read about the Deavers was good, but I don't want to blow too much dough on the rear. If AP can give me some needed improvement, I'll go with them for the price. Also, picking them up will probably save big on shipping...thx for the tip, forgot they're kinda local.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah everything that I read about the Deavers was good, but I don't want to blow too much dough on the rear. If AP can give me some needed improvement, I'll go with them for the price. Also, picking them up will probably save big on shipping...thx for the tip, forgot they're kinda local.
Hey Roger, Tom and I took a trip out to the desert today. The allpro leafs rode GREAT! Super soft. Allpro is coming out with a new ubolt flip kit that will allow you to install timbren bump stops. It will allow you to carry a good amount of weight since it would ride on the bump stop and prevent negative arch. Pick them up while they are still on sale.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #9

Yeah I just think the ride quality on-road can improve a bit. If I can accomplish that for a few hundred, I'd be happy. I think Deavers are around $600.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #10

Thanks for the update. I swear these mods...you get an idea in your head and then drive around and feel incomplete until you do the damn mod. I was driving around all day today thinking the rear is too stiff. I must have OCD or something. I think I kind of made up my mind on these so I'll get my order in before the sale is over. Thanks everyone for the comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Hey Roger, Tom and I took a trip out to the desert today. The allpro leafs rode GREAT! Super soft. Allpro is coming out with a new ubolt flip kit that will allow you to install timbren bump stops. It will allow you to carry a good amount of weight since it would ride on the bump stop and prevent negative arch. Pick them up while they are still on sale.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Yeah I just think the ride quality on-road can improve a bit. If I can accomplish that for a few hundred, I'd be happy. I think Deavers are around $600.
Oh for sure. Its night and day compared to the stock leafs or AAL. Both on and off the street. We were tearing up the whoops at Johnson Valley today, it soaked them up very nicely.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #12
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Oh for sure. Its night and day compared to the stock leafs or AAL. Both on and off the street. We were tearing up the whoops at Johnson Valley today, it soaked them up very nicely.
agree 100%..i had the TSB leafs before getting the All-Pro 3" leaf pack..huge difference in ride..i had to get something to match my new front Long Travel setup...there was a section that i hit 83mph before i got scarred and slowed down some haha..but, handled everything like a champ! here's what dtrujillo and i were doing today...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
Ok I got the pictures done...Tom you can start a thread in the off-road section if you want as well...so anyway here they are in all there glory!!

Driving up the 15 on our way to Johnson Valley! I only took a long range lens or else this would have been a full body shot of that bad boy!

Tom and his lovely Mom Pam!

So you have heard of Power Tanks! Well this is a Denny Tank! Hahah home made power tank for under $200 Woot Woot!!

Old 06-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #13

Thanks again guys.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey monkeypooh...yall get the lean on the drivers side rear? mine leans about 1/2" or a tad more
Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

here's a pic of the truck loaded down and u can see the springs drooped.

here's a pic of them sitting normal....
Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
hey monkeypooh...yall get the lean on the drivers side rear? mine leans about 1/2" or a tad more
i don't know yet..nothing noticable just by looking at it...i'm going to wait a week or so more so everything settles before i start measuring..but, i gotta say...the ride quality both on and off road is a huge improvement over the TSB's that i was running before!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #17

Well I went over to AP today and picked up the leaf pack. Had to get longer U bolts so I got the flip kit too. Halfway home I started wishing I picked up the Timbren bump stops since I was out there, but just kept driving.
Do you guys know which way these leafs are supposed to face for install? There is a heavier side, and I don't know if that goes towards the front or back.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Well I went over to AP today and picked up the leaf pack. Had to get longer U bolts so I got the flip kit too. Halfway home I started wishing I picked up the Timbren bump stops since I was out there, but just kept driving.
Do you guys know which way these leafs are supposed to face for install? There is a heavier side, and I don't know if that goes towards the front or back.

here's a pic.....but doesnt show too well.

the end w/ the "military wrap" goes towards the cabs on both sides and as far as i know, they are exactly the same. there isnt a firmer pack for the drivers side
Old 07-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #19

Thanks JHodge. So if I keep the numbers on the top to the back, I should be good. Another thing just popped in my head looking at your pics, did you get longer brake lines? Didn't think of that and don't know if I need them.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #20

One more thing, no bump stops? Didn't know how the stock ones would fit with the U bolt flip kit plate. Thanks again.