Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can I Fit These Tires Under this Lift?

Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Can I Fit These Tires Under this Lift?

Im ordered some Billy 5100's for all four corners from DSMS today, I have yet to pay for the order via paypal. I am debating whether I should also add on the Fabtech 1.5" AAL to my order. My ultimate goal is simply a level truck with some 285/75/16 tires. Will I need the AAL for the tires or will they fit fine?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the main issue is that there will be a lot of trimming to fit those in the front. roxspin72 put those on his w/ those tires and a lot to trim. not only that, but if you are planning on running those on stock rims, u'll need either spidertrax wheel spacers to avoid the UCA or aftermarket UCA's
Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So I'll still need to trim a substantial amount despite setting the front billies at 2.5"?? What about the rear?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh yes...a good bit of trimming. i had to trim for that size w/ 3" of lift. still hit the frame every now and then on a tight, flexed turn. the rear i'm not sure, but i'd do the AAL just cuz...that or see if u can get the TSB done for the rear
Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
Hi
Allright. Still lookin to get it done but will keep your info in mind. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Allright. Still lookin to get it done but will keep your info in mind. Thanks.
i'm not by any means saying its not possible, cuz it is....just lots of trimming. PM roxspin72 and see if he has any pics of all he had to cut out.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Hi
I hate to sound like a dumbass but what exactly are the cons of trimming the wheel well?is it just a matter of losing that part of truck?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
I hate to sound like a dumbass but what exactly are the cons of trimming the wheel well?is it just a matter of losing that part of truck?
its just cutting/trimming plastic under there. remove mudflaps, cut sections off the fender flares and inner fender, etc
Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
Hi
I c. O well. It's worth it imo. How much (ballpark figure) should I be looking at spending just for the trimming?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
I c. O well. It's worth it imo. How much (ballpark figure) should I be looking at spending just for the trimming?
u talking time or money? i wouldnt pay anyone to do shit. all u need is the screwdriver to remove the mudflaps and a good set of tin snips to cut the plastic.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand with the 5100's & AAL with a 285....DEPENDING ON THE TIRE.....is the amount to trim. A tire with a more agressive tread will need more trimming where as a BFG A/T will need minor trimming.

I am going with this same setup and anticipating minor trimming.