Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #7822
KevinsTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
KevinsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have you had problems with your lift when starting? When i start from a stop i get a vibration because of the angle of my drive-shaft because of the lift. How could i remedy that?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #7823
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinsTaco View Post
Have you had problems with your lift when starting? When i start from a stop i get a vibration because of the angle of my drive-shaft because of the lift. How could i remedy that?
Its a combination of things when it comes to the PC lift and im still working to get it resolved myself.. At least now it is only at start and not at cruising speeds. I have removed blocks to correct axle wrap and replaced with solid leafs. Since ive dropped my lift to 5" I removed the giant PC carrier bushings as well. I still have that little jitter at start and while removing the spacers we checked for play in the bearing and found more than a normal amount. If replacing that doesn't resolve it im either going to add shims in under the leafs or slowly add smaller spacers back into the carrier until it goes away.

This is a very common issue even with the 3.5" lifts. Some people recommend going to a solid driveshaft, but when I spoke to 3 different DL shops about it they said the driveshaft is too long to do that and not recommended. If I were you I would start at the carrier and get some smaller bushings and check the bearing. At some point I would also look to removing the giant blocks and getting a full leaf pack as well.
good luck man and feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #7824
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
Its a combination of things when it comes to the PC lift and im still working to get it resolved myself.. At least now it is only at start and not at cruising speeds. I have removed blocks to correct axle wrap and replaced with solid leafs. Since ive dropped my lift to 5" I removed the giant PC carrier bushings as well. I still have that little jitter at start and while removing the spacers we checked for play in the bearing and found more than a normal amount. If replacing that doesn't resolve it im either going to add shims in under the leafs or slowly add smaller spacers back into the carrier until it goes away.

This is a very common issue even with the 3.5" lifts. Some people recommend going to a solid driveshaft, but when I spoke to 3 different DL shops about it they said the driveshaft is too long to do that and not recommended. If I were you I would start at the carrier and get some smaller bushings and check the bearing. At some point I would also look to removing the giant blocks and getting a full leaf pack as well.
good luck man and feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Budbuilt trac bar.. Problem solved. Zero axle wrap= no vibes. At all
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #7825
jah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjah8551 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jah8551's Tacoma Gallery
I have a solid driveshaft with no problems, no vibrations either even with the shitty blocks back there
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #7826
RoscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ross
RoscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
6" procomp with 2" body lift.running 37" mud grapplers with 18x9.5 rims.still get some rubbing.
Attached Thumbnails
Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-uploadfromtaptalk1380113832165.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #7827
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoTaco View Post
6" procomp with 2" body lift.running 37" mud grapplers with 18x9.5 rims.still get some rubbing.
Damn!! Gas stations love you! Did you install the BL yourself?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #7828
RoscoTaco is on a distinguished road

RoscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Damn!! Gas stations love you! Did you install the BL yourself?
Yeah to go from driving a scion xb which I could drive for a month with one tank to this beast which takes 70 a week.I didn't install any of the lift.I had a local off road place do it since I wanted it done properly.Rides like a Cadillac though
Old 09-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #7829
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoTaco View Post
Old 09-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #7830
simonsay is on a distinguished road
Name: ron
simonsay's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Just bought this last night...thank you previous owner. Thank you for paying for all the upgrades and taking the "driving off the lot depreciation".
Attached Thumbnails
Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-00p0p_j0i15zqmqzi_600x450.jpeg  
Old 09-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #7832
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #7834
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsay View Post
Just bought this last night...thank you previous owner. Thank you for paying for all the upgrades and taking the "driving off the lot depreciation".
FUCKYEAH !
Old 09-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #7836
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymmewin View Post

Old 09-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #7838
Super White Taco
Gymmewin is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Gymmewin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
Jimmy,

Did you just end up putting that stage 2 procomp lift on?
I ended up putting it on after 2 months of contemplating, a week after I put it on and got it back from the shop, my pops got a new job which will require him to transport stuff back and forth and he'll be needing the truck. It wasn't an option for him to get a new truck since we just bought my mom a new highlander, so I have parted all my mods off the truck and restored it to stock. I am currently back to SELLING the STAGE 2 PROCOMP 6" Coilover LIFT. If you know anyone that is interested I'm desperate to sell it. I've lowered the price down to $2850.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #7839
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Joined the 35" club yesterday
Finally!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #7840
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you guys running 35x12.50s with a 17x8.5" wheel? I want to go with a different rim when its time for tires...I really like the SCS Stealth 6 wheels but the 4.30/-10 offset has me concerned. From doing the math they are not too far off. Anyone running these wheels with a DB lift?

Currently running 18x9, 4.5 BS / -12 offset w/ 35x12.50s

Since this threads dying out...here's some pics from two weeks ago

[img]

Products Discussed in this Thread