Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #8062
iJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
Guess you will find out when you rescue someone
Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #8064
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
it looks like it i have volt meter connect to the battery.
Is there an aftermarket alternator for our trucks
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #8066
iJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
A Tundra alternator is probably too large and may take some custom bracket work if it even fits. Probably just easier to buy a higher output alternator that you can buy online. I'm sure you could also search here on TW and find that some of the guys running big stereos have upgraded to higher output versions.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #8067
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: The Big Red 1 - vet sense 93
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Is there an aftermarket alternator for our trucks

Years ago I went to a local electrician that rebuilds alternators. They can easily upgrade the stock unit to handle more load. I was running 8, 100wt lights & a big stereo system and needed it stepped up. Worked like a charm & cost me about $80.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #8068
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Years ago I went to a local electrician that rebuilds alternators. They can easily upgrade the stock unit to handle more load. I was running 8, 100wt lights & a big stereo system and needed it stepped up. Worked like a charm & cost me about $80.
not a bad idea.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #8072
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have pics of a HC rear bumper on a DB lift?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #8073
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #8075

iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueman View Post
^^^ No kidding.

Anyone ever sourced skids for a DB lift? I'm thinking of making some skids for the mid (and maybe transfer case). Something that goes over the stabilizer bars.
I would like to see someone attempt this fabrication. Im personally going to wait until I have a front bumper before I tackle trying to get rid of my Pro Comp plow with a skid
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #8076
Yersinia pestis
Glueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glueman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
I would like to see someone attempt this fabrication. Im personally going to wait until I have a front bumper before I tackle trying to get rid of my Pro Comp plow with a skid
I'm about to order a bumper from Relentless and have been looking at the undercarraige and trying to figure out a way to cover the front suspension, etc. I want full coverage from the bumper back to the transfer case. It doesn't look easy but I think there are a few options. I'm sure I could get someone to fab a set for me (CBI...) but that will be $$$. May be worth it in the end though.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #8077

iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
When I get to that point I'm either going to have Avid build me a hybrid like the brute force and add a skid that attaches to the DB or near that area or just buy the brute force and have Avid work around it.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #8078
Yersinia pestis
Glueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glueman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
When I get to that point I'm either going to have Avid build me a hybrid like the brute force and add a skid that attaches to the DB or near that area or just buy the brute force and have Avid work around it.
How's you new suspension set up working? Can you tell me what rear leaf pack you got? I really want to ditch the rear block and replace it with a leaf pack. I remember you go a set from Deaver. Correct?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #8079
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
glueman how do you like those traction bars?& when you get a new leaf pack are you gonna keep them on? im working on getting packs too ,my Detroit locker just blew apart so now its gonna be pushed ahead afew months
Old 12-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #8080

iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueman View Post
How's you new suspension set up working? Can you tell me what rear leaf pack you got? I really want to ditch the rear block and replace it with a leaf pack. I remember you go a set from Deaver. Correct?
The new setup is amazing! Here is the quick list.

Front:
Icon 2.5 pro comp replacement coils and set at about 5" to the sweet spot of the shock and have the internal spacer removed.
TC heimed uppers & race series lowers
Steel brake lines 3" over stock. We eliminated the small bit of line around the 90° bend

Rear:
Icon 2.0 ext travel
Custom Deaver pack at 5" and about 200lbs over factory
Steel lines
Diff armor
*note after break in and when I went back to droop out the rear I found that my Icons are preventing the axle from fully drooping out by 2.5". It was too late to go back and I'm not too concerned. If you go this route I would highly recommended that you get the pack first before you order shocks. One day I will go back and swap them out and may go 2.5. But its just not needed at this point.

Edit: been in deep sand, hills, deep mud and some rocks and I absolutely love it. Did a big 80 mile trip to a place called sheep's crossing here in AZ. These icons are just great. I'm headed out to a trail called Elvis this weekend that is supposed to be a lot of rocks and possible carnage. My sliders will be put to use. I've also done the ABS kill switch, this is by far one of my favorite mods, and so cheap.

Products Discussed in this Thread