Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #8901
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
700 lb springs should fix the issue, that is what I will have to do if I ever add a bumper. Ditching it would mean a lot of money. I would need about 2g to do a new xmember, another 2g in coils, 800 in leaf pack... I could gt some money back off of my other stuff it would just be hard to find a db guy that is like me and local.
That's the plan, Icons with CDC and #700 springs if I keep the DB. when my dirt logics blow
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #8902
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
That's the plan, Icons with CDC and #700 springs if I keep the DB. when my dirt logics blow
I think the logical approach is waiting evenflows numbers and if he will admit to cost haha.

I'll be happy to go over what I did with you. I have all kinds of ideas for you haha.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #8903
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think the logical approach is waiting evenflows numbers and if he will admit to cost haha.

I'll be happy to go over what I did with you. I have all kinds of ideas for you haha.
I can share my $ with you guys now, I pre paid so I know how much it was :/ For the Kings it was $3600 total. Keep in mind I paid a lot for upgrades that are NOT required :

Front CO's - Custom Kings built to my ext and collapsed specs. ( My truck sits 8" over stock in the front and 6" in the rear, level stance ) I paid extra for remote resi's, adjustable remote resi's and all black anno parts. King does not offer different colors for their coils so I will have to pay a few $ to get them powdered silver or black if the blue coils end up looking weird on the silver and black bodies ?

Rear Shocks - 14" Kings 2.5" body, I paid extra for black anno parts, remote resi's and adjustable resi's. I am doing an expo style build and I have a camper shell, roof rack & steel bumper with full size spare so I went with the larger 2.5 body just to be safe.

You could get the same set up for probably $1k less without resi, without adjustment, without custom color and 2" bodies for the backs. Every custom item with King is around $250 per pair per upgrade. I don't think the custom valving I ordered cost any extra. I know I have said this 100 times but either go full custom or don't do it at all, if you want to stay at 6"+ the over the counter " 6" lift CO's " will not do it they are not any taller than the PC or FT CO's.

Install costs - The front CO's will bolt right in and include the King / Toyota top hat so that is free install DIY. The rears will run you around $600 installed for custom hoops and axle tabs etc. Dirt King can create a rear shock hoop kit based off of what they built for me if anyone is interested, they saved all of the specs.

I would highly suggest going through Down South Motorsports for King, they have a ton of knowledge around custom valving because they are a shock service shop and valving makes a HUGE difference too.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #8905
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
ok people I need alittle input here I just got my springs from alcan today & they measure 52 1/4 to center of where the bolt goes & the springs on my truck from bolt to bolt are 55 1/4 I called them & they said they are confident that they will work & that id be happy with them. am I missing something thinking that they wont fit
Your old springs will not have as great of an arc on them and I seriously doubt Alcan would mess this up. There are quite a few trucks out there with these springs. Mount them up man and it will take a few months for them to settle. DONT forget to go back in a week and re torque the new ubolts! For good measure go back a few weeks after that as well!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #8906
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your old springs will not have as great of an arc on them and I seriously doubt Alcan would mess this up. There are quite a few trucks out there with these springs. Mount them up man and it will take a few months for them to settle. DONT forget to go back in a week and re torque the new ubolts! For good measure go back a few weeks after that as well!

Quote:
ok people I need alittle input here I just got my springs from alcan today & they measure 52 1/4 to center of where the bolt goes & the springs on my truck from bolt to bolt are 55 1/4 I called them & they said they are confident that they will work & that id be happy with them. am I missing something thinking that they wont fit

Too many variables to measure off the truck...mine had to be pulled back to the shackle because of the massive amount of arch. Install em!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #8908
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Good tip for installing those - put a C clamp on the pack in the center and remove the center pin out of the leaf pack and pull off the top two springs, they are the ones that wrap for the shackle and hangar. The two leafs alone will be far more flexible making the install much easier. After you mount the two main leaves simply lift the rest of the leaves up and put the pin back in. Using a big c-clamp will make compressing the pack easier to get the center pin back in.

Extra credit - when you have the leaf pack apart rattle can each leaf with some chassis spray paint. New leafs are just dipped in coating when the pack is together and it never coats between each leaf ...scuff with a scotch pad and spray paint them now and it will dramatically prevent surface rust later VHT satin black chassis paint looks great even Pep Boys has it.

I just did that entire process myself while we were doing my rear shock hoops last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-image.jpg  
Old 04-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #8910
Hmmm

Thinking about these wheels now, they are available in a 17x9 with a 3.5" back spacing which I like because it is a bit more room for articulation behind the tire and a 1" wider stance per side / 2" wider stance to offset the tall lift... It seems that you have to step up to a true headlock to get back spacing less than 4.5".
Attached Thumbnails
Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #8911
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder if its too hard to do that with procomp coilovers... im ready to ditch my c/o's if only i had the extra $$$. i remember the ride on my brothers Tacoma was really nice but he had the Toytec 3inch adjustable c/o's with the procomp spacer. i want to stay at the same height but i want a better ride.

edit: and im currently sitting the same height as evenflow except i kept factory rake
Old 04-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #8912
ayunk04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
ayunk04's Tacoma Gallery
All cleaned up!
Attached Thumbnails
Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-truck-ass.jpg  
Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #8913
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
^^Lookin' good Adam!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #8914
dvd0020 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Offensive Space Control Instructor
Name: Dave
dvd0020's Tacoma Gallery
Had this for a while, but just discovered this thread.
'08 DCSB
most specs are in the little description on the left. Just got the CBI bumper on last week. Winch has since been installed, just havent taken a pic yet...

After reading through this thread, I have decided on Alcan 6" springs and Icon coilovers for the front. What would be a good option for rear shocks? Will The Procomp ones work? I think they would be stretched out too far with the new leaf pack...

Also, I'm afraid I would get the sag in the back that some members have seen from the Alcan packs. Any recommendations on specs to give to Alcan when ordering?
Attached Thumbnails
Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-240757_154505484617969_6538462_o.jpg   Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-unnamed.jpg   Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures-unnamed-1-.jpg  
Old 04-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #8915
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Pffft.....can he drive it 112 miles round trip to work every day?

Pfft.....Yes he can. And I drive 145 miles every day to and from work every day in this.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 AM   #8916
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
Pfft.....Yes he can. And I drive 145 miles every day to and from work every day in this.

I was just talking junk to one of the other guys in this thread. Your ride is the best one on TW for sure!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #8917
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I was just talking junk to one of the other guys in this thread. Your ride is the best one on TW for sure!
Yeah BUT...I thought we all had an agreement (for our sake) to NEVER post that beastly badass in here!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #8918
Talking Got the Kings today !

Got the King CO's on today ! Sorry this is the only picture I took today but here are the final specs - 6" stroke just over 11" of travel. The overall height of the CO is a few inches taller than the PC and is tall enough to install a dual rate set up if I want later. It requires zero preload to sit at 8" of lift, 28.5" extended and 22.5" collapsed length.

In the photo it looks like there is preload on the coil but there is none that is the static setting they were shipped at with a 600lb 14" coil. So just to be clear - no pre load to sit at approx 8" lift height because of the custom length of the shock body. Nearly the entire body of the shock is threaded because it is just tall enough that a dual rate set up can be installed.

As Scarlett4x4 pointed out a few pages back the limiting factor with stock length arms is simply uniball bind extended and collapsed. In my case bind to bind is a hair over 11".

Just have to play with setting the bump now...and replacing my steering rack bushings :/
Attached Thumbnails
Old 04-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #8919
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Got the King CO's on today ! Sorry this is the only picture I took today but here are the final specs - 6" stroke just over 11" of travel. The overall height of the CO is a few inches taller than the PC and is tall enough to install a dual rate set up if I want later. It requires zero preload to sit at 8" of lift, 28.5" extended and 22.5" collapsed length.

In the photo it looks like there is preload on the coil but there is none that is the static setting they were shipped at with a 600lb 14" coil. So just to be clear - no pre load to sit at approx 8" lift height because of the custom length of the shock body. Nearly the entire body of the shock is threaded because it is just tall enough that a dual rate set up can be installed.

As Scarlett4x4 pointed out a few pages back the limiting factor with stock length arms is simply uniball bind extended and collapsed. In my case bind to bind is a hair over 11".

Just have to play with setting the bump now...and replacing my steering rack bushings :/
im gunna need to remember this for future reference. Because i paid so damn much for my pro comp shocks, this will be my next purchase once i ruin these current coilovers. im impressed

oh and hows the ride????
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post

Did you remove the spring and cycle the suspension with just the shock? Even with my Icons I run out of room from the Uniballs binding before bottoming the shock itself. I just don't see where you are getting your numbers with stock length arms.

Products Discussed in this Thread