Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #81
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, these guys are trying to tell me its gonna be like $1200 to $1500 to install, so i'd rather try it myself first.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #82
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicktaco View Post
what kinda set up do you have looks great
pro comp 6inch and 35/12.50/17 motometal rims just had to trim out the front bumper and fender a bit if your going to wheel it but i dont rub at all anymore not even backing up
Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #83
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Dont care about 6" lifts.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #84
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha and you post on a thread for people asking about 6inch lifts NICE not
Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #85
gtz85350 is on a distinguished road
gtz85350's Tacoma Gallery
Nice thread and even better trucks!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #86
1sicktaco is on a distinguished road
1sicktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
pro comp 6inch and 35/12.50/17 motometal rims just had to trim out the front bumper and fender a bit if your going to wheel it but i dont rub at all anymore not even backing up
stage 1 or 2
Old 07-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #87
THE RED DRAGON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicktaco View Post
stage 1 or 2
one about to move to stage 2 or some kind of new coil over thats really the only thing that is changed
Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #88
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB1977 View Post
Dont care about 6" lifts.
Then why are you looking at this thread?? Go to the 1st generation forum buddy!!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #89
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you regear? I'm looking to put the same lift and tires on my truck. Just wondering about the power issue. Was there alot of trimming to do?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #90
THE RED DRAGON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboatdude View Post
Did you regear? I'm looking to put the same lift and tires on my truck. Just wondering about the power issue. Was there alot of trimming to do?
haha nope my truck can still burn out and still do at least 95 on the highway so i didnt think i needed to regear and the trimming wasnt all that bad just maybe like a inch on the inside of the bumper and a inch on the inside of the fender didnt have to cut any metal i might do the body mount but will see how much after i do the stage two kit o yea order the billy 5150s for the rear shocks the procomp rear shocks suck
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #91
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Sweet, these guys are trying to tell me its gonna be like $1200 to $1500 to install, so i'd rather try it myself first.
If you're not in any rush? Then 4WP normally has there big sale in October. They sometimes offer FREE install on the ProComp lifts.

They did mine for FREE!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #92
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
If you're not in any rush? Then 4WP normally has there big sale in October. They sometimes offer FREE install on the ProComp lifts.

They did mine for FREE!!!
Really??? That is insane. I have been thinking about this for a long time so I dont know when it will get done. Kinda somewhat lookin forward to trying it myself. But wouldnt pass up free installation, thanks for all the info
Old 07-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #93
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha nope my truck can still burn out and still do at least 95 on the highway so i didnt think i needed to regear and the trimming wasnt all that bad just maybe like a inch on the inside of the bumper and a inch on the inside of the fender didnt have to cut any metal i might do the body mount but will see how much after i do the stage two kit o yea order the billy 5150s for the rear shocks the procomp rear shocks suck
I love how much power these 4.0's put out. I was running 20's and 37's no problem. Still had great power and could run with and past traffic on the interstate. People seen a big red beast coming up behind them, they got out of the way.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #94
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
:sigh: After all these pics... I might just have to go with a 6" lift
Old 07-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #95
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the 5150's.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #96
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
I've done a bit more research on the Procomp and the Fabtech.
The Procomp although it doesn't lower your LCA's as much as the Fabtech. The Procomp lowers the differential more than the Fabtech.
So as far as CV angle is concerned the Procomp can be lifted higher without stressing the CV's as much.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #97
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
I've done a bit more research on the Procomp and the Fabtech.
The Procomp although it doesn't lower your LCA's as much as the Fabtech. The Procomp lowers the differential more than the Fabtech.
So as far as CV angle is concerned the Procomp can be lifted higher without stressing the CV's as much.
So on a prerunner, Procomp might have a little edge over Fabtech with front end clearance anyways....
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #98

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
So on a prerunner, Procomp might have a little edge over Fabtech with front end clearance anyways....
No! on a prerunner because the Fabtech arches in the middle, the Fabtech has better ground clearance. Also the Fabtech has much heavier steering knuckles.

The Procomp just would lend itself better to a higher lift, on a 4x4. Because it lowers the differential more.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #99
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
So I found a fabtech for $2500, and pro comp for $2200, both are the "performance", which is the better kit?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #100

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
So I found a fabtech for $2500, and pro comp for $2200, both are the "performance", which is the better kit?
Wow! Better is a relative term?
I have found that both have their good and their bad points.

-Because IMHO, The FABTECH is built stronger.

-They don't lower the front Differential as much as the Procomp. (Which is relative, because both lower the diff.) I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing? It would depend on your goal.

-Aesthetically IMHO the arch of the Fabtech is visually more appealing. The Fabtech C/O's look to be made of a higher quality, also the rear shocks.

- I've found that the Procomp DB lowers the LCA's approximately 4" And their spindles are proportionately the same 4"

-Fabtech DB lowers the LCA's approx. 5.5" BUT their spindles are only 4.5". (So the new spindles are 1" too short to maintain the actual factory orientation.) This is most likely their attempt to compensate because of the bigger spindle the have in their kit.

Fabtech spindles are "Bullet Proof" whereas the Procomp appears to be an extended version of the stock spindles. (which for some reason they forgot to incorporate the steering stops in their design) The stops must be welded on by the installer.

Both kit for a 4x4 require cutting of the rear cross member!

ONLY the Procomp DOES NOT require cutting for the 2WD. (But it does require a fair amount of drilling)

Both kits do exactly what they are Designed for.

Both kits are solid.

Both kits fall short from the perfect design! Wether these short comings are intentional? Or wether it is just a result of a lack of designer knowledge? I don't really know?

But I would recommend that both companies improve on these areas.

There are a few more design short comings but they are minor.

Products Discussed in this Thread