Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fabtech, ProComp 6" lift or more. Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #9981
MALLIN'CRAWLIN'
RadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Got my new bumper on this week, had CBI cut the sides back 2" so I could chop the fenders to match. This is just my first cut, just went and flexed it out and success - zero tire rub at full stuff

I am going to play with the shape of the wheel opening then make my own fiberglass cut out flares and get them LineX'd.
My god! the rear of your truck looks beautiful! Lol
Old 11-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #9982
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would just stick with the custom Fox's provided in the BDS kit they are great shocks AND now that Fox has the DSC you could even upgrade to the DSC the first time you have them serviced. Those BDS Fox's are custom built by Fox for BDS and are truly the best " over the counter " 6" lift CO on the market.

The length of the coil itself in relation to the body of the shock is irrelevant, as I stated earlier you can actually run a short 12" coil and have full travel. I attached a photo of my custom King's that only use a 12" coil, they are only preloaded about 1/4" it is just a really tall shock body. I am going to put a longer coil on but only to place the adjustment ring in an easier to reach spot when the truck is jacked up, a longer coil gains nothing.
Yes I've read a little bit about the DSC. I wonder if the kit is available with these? I don't see them shown as available on the BDS site with the kit however I do see that Toytec has them where you can purchase them alone.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:08 AM   #9984
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
Alcans ftw!!!!
Hey Matt,I know you picked up the Alcans from Aaron. Were those the 6" (8 leaf pack)? I am going with the BDS 6" coilover kit and I want to be sure I get the right leaf pack for the rear to get me level. Seems like the 4" would be the route for me to go since like I mentioned before that I currently sit 2 inches high in the back at stock. Just baffles me that most everyone I see with Alcans say they went with the 6" pack but then their trucks appear to sit level with that?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #9986
Can others with the Alcan 6" 8 leaf pack post what their measurements are in the rear from center hub to bottom of fender flare? Thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #9987
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine is the 6" pack 8 leaf and center hub to bottom of fender flare measurement is 28"
your truck does not look like it is sitting at 6" it looks more like 8" in the front ? What is your front measurement ?

Edit - Hduece22 you need to add 6" to your current front measurement and then do the math for the rear end...make sense ? Unless you are goi to pre load your new CO's to go higher that 6"
Old 11-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #9988
Quote:
your truck does not look like it is sitting at 6" it looks more like 8" in the front ? What is your front measurement ?
I was thinking the same thing. His trucks looks to be a good bit higher than 6" in the front.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #9989
Quote:

Edit - Hduece22 you need to add 6" to your current front measurement and then do the math for the rear end...make sense ? Unless you are goi to pre load your new CO's to go higher that 6"
My preference is to roll with no preload up front. These guys that have the Alcan 6" packs have to be cranking the front up to get it level is the only thing I can come up with.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #9990
TACOMA, If I wanted a HUMMER I'd call your mom.
iJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdeuce22 View Post
My preference is to roll with no preload up front. These guys that have the Alcan 6" packs have to be cranking the front up to get it level is the only thing I can come up with.

This

5" leaf pack and loose the preload, this is what I did.

I also removed the plastic from my rear fenders this weekend and did a drive line service. Turns out I separated my carrier bearing. I ended up changing the spacing on the carrier as well and the vibs are gone or so minor I don't feel them. I won't pull the front plastic until I get a plate bumper and I will end up using spray liner to coat the inner fender.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #9992
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Considering that stock It was 20" in the front and 22" in the back...center hub to fender....got it on level ground now and im at 28" even in back and 28 1/4" in front.....so yes I'm 8" front and 6" rear

And it's perfect
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it - my truck sits that high too I just want Hdeuce22 to understand what an actual 6" lift nets him vs. what he may be seeing and visually comparing too vs performance.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #9994
Quote:
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it - my truck sits that high too I just want Hdeuce22 to understand what an actual 6" lift nets him vs. what he may be seeing and visually comparing too vs performance.
Yes,it makes sense. I think if I wan't it level I have 2 choices. Either go with the 6" leaf pack and crank up the coilovers to match or get the 4" pack and roll with no preload. I think the guys running the 6" pack have to be sitting on a couple inches of preload up front. I just wanted to make sure I was ordering the right pack to sit level is all and I wasn't sure if the 6" pack would net me an actual/true 6". I appreciate the help guys. By the way,I like both of your trucks. I hope to join the club soon!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #9995
Quote:
He also may not realize I'm a prerunner and don't have a 6" drop bracket lol
Thanks Matt. I actually just realized you were a Prerunner.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #9996
Anyone here with 18x10 or 20x10 wheels with 4.75 backspacing? Curious if I will run into issues or not. Not sure if lift brands play a part in this too but I'm planning on going with BDS.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #9997
TACOMA, If I wanted a HUMMER I'd call your mom.
iJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shediJonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
iJonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdeuce22 View Post
Anyone here with 18x10 or 20x10 wheels with 4.75 backspacing? Curious if I will run into issues or not. Not sure if lift brands play a part in this too but I'm planning on going with BDS.
Talk to the Hawaii group, that look is huge there
Old 11-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
I ran a 18 x 10 w 4.5 bs and no issues. There is enough room between the wheel and spindle on the bds / zone kits where where a 4.75 bs will be fine.
Thanks a lot Born! The wheels I want are only listed in 4.75 but I spoke with the manufacturer today and they can make them with a 4.5 but will take a couple weeks longer so to be safe I think I may wait for the 4.5.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #10000
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
Talk to the Hawaii group, that look is huge there

Really? It's more of a 20x12 or 20x14 look

Products Discussed in this Thread