1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best inexpensive rear lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KnightRider, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Jul 3, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    KnightRider

KnightRider [OP] Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD RuggedTrail 4X4
    Undercover Tonneau, GrillCraft Upper Grill, TRD Sport Grill Surround, Tint (all of them), Westin Bull Bar, Westin Step Bars, Black Rear Bumper, Stub Antenna, Old Man Emu Front Struts and Springs
    Best inexpensive rear lift?

I replaced my front springs and struts with Old Man Emu, which added about 2.5 to 3" of height, I havent done anything to the rear other than the TSB Leaf Springs. So im riding a little baha right now (low in the rear). I want to raise up the rear about 3 inches or so, What would be the least expensive way to do so without compromising the capability both with payload and towing and also on the trail. This will probably be temporary becuase once I can afford it I will replace the springs and shocks.
    However I lift it do I have to replace the rear shocks?

2. Jul 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    You should get a 3 inch body lift in the rear.

3. Jul 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
  4. Jul 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Going up 3" in the back,Your stockers will top out @2".So,Yes.You'd need to get longer travel shocks.10" should do it.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top