Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Tuff Country Kit not working in Jamaica.. PLEASE HELP

Old 07-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
jsheltonja is on a distinguished road
jsheltonja's Tacoma Gallery
Question 3" Tuff Country Kit not working in Jamaica.. PLEASE HELP

Hi all!! this is my first post..

I have a 2005 4X4 Tacoma and installed a tuff country 3" lift kit with 285/60 R18 NITTO tires about 3 years ago. The truck ran fine in Los Angeles but ever since I brought it to Montego Bay, Jamaica it rides TERRIBLE.. The ride is way too tight for our roads and I feel every little pot hole and bumb. Since the truck as been in Jamaica I have had constant trouble with my front end and in fact am in the process replacing both rack ends again for the second time in two years. I am looking to repace my current setup for a GOOD suspension that will last and give me a smooth ride on bad roads. I obviously do not need the most expensive or HARD CORE suspension because I do not do any extreme off-raoding. Just need somthing that will be suitable for driving on pot hole infested roades everyday!!

Can anybody help?????
Old 07-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Ome

I checked them out but it seems like not many people know about this product... where did you purchase yours from?

Any thoughts on camburg?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I drive a full OME set up except rear springs. It's great....If you are driving lots of washboards and pot holes- The lower pressure and additional oil will help keep the shocks cooler and more responsive.

I bought mine thru WheelersOffroad.com- They have the springs (at least 885s, maybe 886s for you) and the shocks you need.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
07taco is on a distinguished road

07taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the 886s, 4 ome shocks , and new camburg ucas cannot be happier. It rides nice just rolls over bumps and dirt roads got a good deal from trdparts4u.com.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Thanks guys

thanks for all the advice........i am going to check out both ome and cambrige